Quick Victory Help

reefgeek83

Right now we have a aft balcony reserved, cabin 7433. But cabin 6432 just opened up, which is twice the length of the regular balcony's. Cabin 6432 is about $70 bucks cheaper (5 day cruise). Which would be a better balcony? Any recommendations?

From what I have heard the aft extended balconies on deck 6 & 8 are fairly loud because they have common areas under/above them. I would suggest holding onto deck 7 or pack a set of ear plugs if you move. :-)

6432 is an "L-shaped" cabin. We loved ours on the Victory. The extra balcony room was great and the noise was not a factor. However, you are trading balcony depth with the aft extended for balcony width with the "L-shaped" cabin.

We are booked for a deck 8 aft extended in May. There is something about wake watching that is calming to me.

You will get a breeze with 6432, but not so much with the aft extended.

Edited by Bosox312
Typo

Thanks for the pro's and con's, I appreciate the help. I have called Carnival and not sure if they will "downgrade" me into a lower balcony class. I told them I don't care about a refund, only OBC, and that way they can resell the aft extended and get more money out of someone. Still waiting to hear back from them. So I may not have a choice.

From what I have heard the aft extended balconies on deck 6 & 8 are fairly loud because they have common areas under/above them. I would suggest holding onto deck 7 or pack a set of ear plugs if you move. :-)

We do aft wraps and have had no issues with noise. We choose the lowest deck possible because the balconies get smaller as you go up - due to the slant of the back of ship.

OP if balcony space is what is most important - move to 6! ;)

6432 is an "L-shaped" cabin. We loved ours on the Victory. The extra balcony room was great and the noise was not a factor. However, you are trading balcony depth with the aft extended for balcony width with the "L-shaped" cabin.

We are booked for a deck 8 aft extended in May. There is something about wake watching that is calming to me.

You will get a breeze with 6432, but not so much with the aft extended.

Good point.....I think the depth might be more enjoyable!

Thanks for the replies, we are booked in rm 7433 on the May 21st sailing. Our first aft balcony. I was just wondering if not have a breeze might be problem, also the somewhat less privacy of the aft balcony. I thought the longer balcony on the side might be nicer with more privacy. I do appreciate all you comments. Please keep them coming.