Onboard officer in charge of access?

whiterose

Does Princess have anyone on their ships responsible for onboard access? I asked on my last Princess cruise and they said it was all done by headoffice. Surely someone on board could help with access problems.

Would appreciate any suggestions on what to do if I have problems on my next Princess cruise.

No idea, and I've been on a ton of Princess cruises. Problems like what? Maybe that would help. I once had a problem with my battery and Passenger Service charged it every day and either my sister went to fetch it in the morning or someone from Passenger Service delivered it to me.

M.

I have a severe hearing loss and depend on closed captions to watch TV or a movie. Often the ships show movies without the captions. I rely on the assistive listening system in the theater or show lounge but nobody on staff seems to know how to use them or troubleshoot any problems.

When I talk to staff at the front desk they always say everything is organized by the head office and nobody seems to understand the problem or want to take any kind of responsibility.

And yes I do inform them in advance when I book my cruise.

No, not that I know of. You have to take up the issue with whomever is in charge of the specific area of access. The front desk is where you will need to go to find out who to talk to, and frankly, we have never had anyone on a Princess ship who had a clue about the needs of someone with a disability. We have had to educate them even about Princess policies and services.

You need to somehow get introduced to one of the sound engineers on board. Perhaps you can get someone from Cruise Staff or a bartender in one of the lounges to introduce you. Or ask the cruise director, or contact the online access department and ask them what you'd do to find this person on the ship, cause that is who can probably get you the equipment you need, AND troubleshoot it if neccessary.

M.

I have a severe hearing loss and depend on closed captions to watch TV or a movie. Often the ships show movies without the captions. I rely on the assistive listening system in the theater or show lounge but nobody on staff seems to know how to use them or troubleshoot any problems.

When I talk to staff at the front desk they always say everything is organized by the head office and nobody seems to understand the problem or want to take any kind of responsibility.

And yes I do inform them in advance when I book my cruise.