Major Question

wild1apache

If you are flying in to Ft. Lauderdale and your ship is leaving from Miami, is it less expensive to catch the Carnival shuttle bus (presuming they have one), rent a car, or catch a cab? Or if there are any other options please let me know! Thanks!

Hi, you can get a limo for $85.

A cab will almost be the same.

A rental car will about $50-60 and it must be returned to the Miami airport and you will be shuttled to the pier (20-25 minutes) Thrifty's website has a special code for the cruise port,so if using thrifty,use the code.

Steve

There are a number of options.

However... after doing a rental car and cruise transportation at different times, the MOST convenient way to get there is taxi. Florida is HOT. Standing around with my luggage before and after a cruise always makes me miserable. For our last cruise, our family of 4 decided to take a taxi. How easy is it to walk out the door of FLL airport and hop into a taxi? They drop you off at the pier and the taxi driver moves your luggage to be checked onto the ship. Done. Walk right into air conditioning. The $70 was worth every penny. Even easier is getting off the ship. Get luggage walk outside the terminal, sit in cab, depart. Meanwhile everyone else is wandering around looking for their bus where they sit and wait. In my opinion, saving a few bucks is not worth it as far as the transportation goes.

We used TriCounty this past April and got a towncar to drive us to our hotel from FLL to SoBe $60 (we passed the port). If a taxi is $70 to the port - I'd hire a car. Use the link given for the shared ride and get a quote for a limo.

We used TriCounty this past April and got a towncar to drive us to our hotel from FLL to SoBe $60 (we passed the port). If a taxi is $70 to the port - I'd hire a car. Use the link given for the shared ride and get a quote for a limo.

I called Tri-County yesterday and it seems that you can get a "shared ride" (van) for $17 and the town car for $60. Has anyone ever done the shared ride from Tri county? It seems that Tri County is the way to go. How do you find out info about Carnival's shuttle?

Three years ago the Carnival shuttle was $15 a person. We were the only ones to arrive at FLL airport on the Friday prior to our cruise, meaning it was a HUGE bus only for us! From what I hear the down side is, if there are a lot of people arriving you must wait until the bus is full.

Likewise on the return trip. We have used the Carnival shuttle BACK to the FLL airport and I think my DH paid $17 charged to our S&S card at the Pursers Desk the day prior to our arrival in port. If you have a late flight you should be fine doing that, but this year our departing flight is 1:35 so I arranged a town car from TriCounty for $80 including tip. We have used this company before and can highly recommend them. Good Luck and have a wonderful time! :D

Speaking only from my personal experience: We used shared ride and it was perfect. We waited at the shared ride station for about 10 minutes. got into a car w/ a couple of laides traveling together and we went straight to the Hyatt. Done.

I would suggest doing a search here on cruisecritic for 'shared ride' and you should come up with some other informative discussions. In my research, Shared Ride won hands down. Cheap and convienient- what more can you ask for?

However, if you are arriving same day and just going straight to port, I would strongly consider just going w/ Carnival. It may be a lot of waiting around for a bus, but you know you're gonna get there w/out too much trouble.

Archived