Car Rental for Port of Houston

fitters

Does anyone know if there is a car rental agency located close to the Port of Houston? Trying to see if there is one close where they would be able to take the rental car and shuttle us to the pier.:confused:

Thank you!

We rented through Enterprise at Hobby Airport for our July 22 cruise. For car return, they had us call the Enterprise Seabrook office for directions. They told us to drop the car off at the La Porte pier parking lot, paid the $3.00 parking fees, and Enterprise picked up the rental car the next day. It was very easy, we just walked to the pier after parking the car. We did take a picture of the parked car just in case. When you drive into the parking lot, just tell the attendance that the car is for Enterprise pick-up, they'll tell you where to park. I think you can also drop the car off at the Seabrook office and they shuttle you to the pier. Since we had so many people and luggages, we decided to just leave the car at the parking lot. There is no drop-off charge.

They should since the SUN is now departing on Sunday's there.

One would hope, wouldn't one! However, when searching for a rental car in the Long Beach area, we found that we were lucky that our departure day was Saturday as all the agencies I checked were closed on Sunday. I'm hopeful they'll be open at the Port of Houston on Sunday, but not optimistic. On another note, I've read that the city of Houston has the highest rental car taxes in the country. If you get any quotes, make sure they give you the total cost.

If your cruise is the first or the only Saturday departure, make sure you call the Seabrook office ahead of time so they can set up their pick-ups. Our cruise was the reposition through Panama Canal, NCL Sea last sail out of Houston. Instead of the regular Saturday departure, it was Friday. Enterprise Seabrook didn't know about that sailing, but they were able to make arrangments for the pick-ups. They were very flexible and helpful.

Just spoke with them today. They said we could rent from the airport and actually drive the car to the pier (if they are not open) and they have a secured parking area at the pier. Leave it there and they will pick it up. Call the Seabrook office and talk with them. Very nice gentleman I spoke with this morning.

Archived