Soto's in Grand Cayman

luvcruisin05

:confused: We are going to be in GC in Oct. and are looking for a Stingray tour. There will be eight of us, 3 adults, 14yo, 2 - 11 yos, an 8 yo and a 6 yo. We saw something about Soto's being the best price and wondering if anyone has used them and what their experience was. Thanks!!!!:confused:

We used Soto's in June, and we highly recommend them. We were a party of 21 family members ranging in ages from 4-58, and we all had a great time. I wrote a detailed reviewon cruise critic shortly after the trip. My oldest brother said just last week, that Soto's was the best port trip he had ever done. You can also see a virtual tour over at the cayman activity guide forum. We would not hesitate to use Soto's again, if we ever make it to GC again.

Just used them last week...they were great. No crowded at all. Friendly and professional. Great with kids.

We had an 8 yo (son) and 6 yo (daughter) with us too and they had a blast. Because the boat isn't crowded you get very personal attention. They're still talking about the trip.

FYI - for snorkeling my daughter (size 12 foot) was able to use the smallest sized flipper no problem. They also had a creative way of putting a life jacket on her so she could snorkle unencumbered. She didn't want to wear it at first, but the way they did it worked out great.

Thanks for the replys. I think we will probably try and book with Soto's, hpoefully they have space. We are last minute making changes due to Katrina and different cruise, itinerary, etc....I read somewhere that Soto's has coupon in coupon books in shops at GC, are you aware of these?

Thanks again!

Conquest 10/05

No problem getting back to the ship on time. The van ride is only about 5 - 10 minutes to the tender area.

The excursion itself is about 2 hours. Be sure to get to the pick up point on time in the morning. It's a two minute walk from the tenders.

We loved Soto's! The only warning I would give is to anyone with weak sea legs that do not plan on snorkeling at the first stop. If you don't plan on snorkeling and instead plan to stay on the boat...the boat doesn't have stabilizers so there is some pretty rough rocking and rolling. We had a couple of non-snorkelers that were pretty green until they got off the boat at the Stingray City Sandbar. Other than that, everyone that worked at Soto's was terrific and the seasickness wasn't their fault anyways. Our guides, Billy and Jonathan were very personable with everyone in the group and gave everyone a chance to pet and feed the stingrays. You can even get a sting ray massage...it's the highlight of the experience! Have fun!

We loved Soto's! The only warning I would give is to anyone with weak sea legs that do not plan on snorkeling at the first stop. If you don't plan on snorkeling and instead plan to stay on the boat...the boat doesn't have stabilizers so there is some pretty rough rocking and rolling. We had a couple of non-snorkelers that were pretty green until they got off the boat at the Stingray City Sandbar. Other than that, everyone that worked at Soto's was terrific and the seasickness wasn't their fault anyways. Our guides, Billy and Jonathan were very personable with everyone in the group and gave everyone a chance to pet and feed the stingrays. You can even get a sting ray massage...it's the highlight of the experience! Have fun!

Sounds like the seas might have been a little rough that day :( But none of the boats on any of the stingray trips have stablizers - those are for the big boys.

Archived