Check your early saving booking!!!! Huge price drop!!

rene194215

If I have early saver, and the "sale" price is $20 cheaper than the early saver rate, I know I get the $20. But the sale also has $50 OBC associated with it. Would I also get the $50 OBC?

Yes, you get the $50 OBC. However, if you claim again on a different sale and the new sale does not offer the $50 OBC you will lose the $50. This happened to me in February. Luckily another sale happened a week later with the OBC again and I was able to get it back.

Edited by justme_85

Another question - I've not heard back. When I submitted the form, I didn't get a confirmation email. Should I have? Should I be worried that it didn't go through, and that's why I've not heard back?

Sorry should have answered this on my above post. You do not get a confirmation email. Just that page after you hit the submit button. I agree they should send a confirmation email.

Another question - I've not heard back. When I submitted the form, I didn't get a confirmation email. Should I have? Should I be worried that it didn't go through, and that's why I've not heard back?

As much as I love Carnival, they are getting ridiculous with all these rules. It don't take but a second over the phone to make a change but they want you to submit a form that they now take FOREVER to process. I call and fuss until they adjust what I want over the phone. Another thing, it seems like I know more than their reps that's answering the phone. They ALWAYS place you on hold while they talk to someone else.

Is this because of new deals coming out or is it just random?

Thank you

It seems pretty random to me. Sometimes when I check there has been a significant price increase then a couple of hours later it has dropped again. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. Kind of annoying.

So I called carnival and the lady told me to call back tomorrow because that'll be 2 business days from last Friday when I submitted it...ugh I guess I'll call tomorrow

I just called and the lady did the price adjustment for me on the spot! As of yet still hadn't heard from carnival and I couldn't take it anymore! Lol

how long does it take Carnival to respond back to you? Sent request last Saturday, waited til yesterday and no reply. Resent request last night. First time cruiser. Sailing on the Dream in December.

how long does it take Carnival to respond back to you? Sent request last Saturday, waited til yesterday and no reply. Resent request last night. First time cruiser. Sailing on the Dream in December.

Honestly I would call 1800 number and tell the rep that you submitted your form on Saturday and have not heard back. They should give you the price drop on the spot. Just have your booking# when you call. I waited 2 days and finally called this morning.

As someone else said, call the 1800 number. I called as soon as I saw the price reduction and the rep did it right on the phone for me!

Where is the quick check option? I usually go through and do a dummy booking - is there an easier way?

I couldn't find it either. Can anyone help? I have 2 cruises booked and this will really help me to keep track. Thanks!

When I got my price drops, my confirmation email was a rejection, saying my the submission was higher than my original price. I sent a screenshot to the email address, and told them that they need to update their calculator. Sure enough they gave me the lower rate.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

We've sailed on Carnival several times but have never used early saver. Anyone care to explain the difference. I'm looking at booking for November out of Port Canaveral.

You qualify for price drops up to 2 days before sailing with early saver. If the price drops before final payment, they take it off your balance due. If the price drops after final payment, they give it to you as OBC. You are responsible for finding the price drops yourself and submitting the form online to claim it.

The downside is the deposit is nonrefundable. If you change or cancel the cruise, they keep 50 pp of the deposit and the rest will be saved for up to 2 years and can be applied to a future booking.