Ophelia anyone??

I am flying to Orlando from Los Angeles Friday morning, to cruise on the Mariner on Sunday 9/11-anyone out there with any insight into Ophelia and how she will affect the trip?? Particularly anyone already in the Orlando/PC area, how bad is it out there?? Thanks!!

I really think things should be cleared up by then, it looked like it should make landfall soon and I would not think it would gain any more strength at this point.

Thanks-I will not allow Ophelia to poop on my party-I hate party poopers....

Just checked the weather channel site-she (ophelia) is trying to go north, but slowly-I may get a lot of rain and wind in Orlando this weeked-just as long as I go, thats all I care about-rain, snow, hail, I don't really care-pigs can fall from the sky as long as I go!!

Keeping all 10 fingers and toes crossed-

Hi Elvis & Tracey

Latest on the storm: Will hit Jacksonville, Fl. on Saturday. Orlando area is having rain & wind today & tomorrow, (Thursday) storm is predicted to go on a Northwesterly route. Disney ship due to arrive at the Cape tomorrow will be docking in Ft. Lauderdale instead, however, the same ship will be back @ the Cape for Sunday, 9/11 sailing. I am sure Disney has private forecasters they use.

Have a great cruise.

i live 20 minutes from port canaveral and right now(thurs 7 am)they are no sure what is going on they are showing that there is a possibility that it may loop around like francis did and come back as a hurricane.Please keep an eye on the weather channel disney just sent its ships to miami until sunday it will return to port canaveral.i wish you luck and will try to keep you updatedon whats going on at the port.

Watching Ophelia like a hawk-supposed to fly to Orlando in less than 24 hours-I just called the Radisson and they said its pretty much business as usual so far-just rain and wind-so I guess its still a go-

RCI claims on their sit that the Sunday crusies from PC will not be changed-I just hope that I don't fly to Orlando only to be put on abus to Tampa or Miami or somewhere else-

Watching Ophelia like a hawk-supposed to fly to Orlando in less than 24 hours-I just called the Radisson and they said its pretty much business as usual so far-just rain and wind-so I guess its still a go-

RCI claims on their sit that the Sunday crusies from PC will not be changed-I just hope that I don't fly to Orlando only to be put on abus to Tampa or Miami or somewhere else-

Check out the latest 5 day model, you'll be ok. We are flying into Miami on Saturday so I am relieved as well.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at1+shtml/145344.shtml?5day

Interesting, that 5 day model looks good for me, but other sources are saying that it is too unpredictable to forecast because it isn't moving at all-I like your model much better!!

RCI isn't too worried either, so I am keeping hte faith so far-

Don't ya just love September??

Weather Guy on Greta tonight said he thinks it'll go east a little, but be hit by warm air pressure from the north east and will spin around and come back to US somewhere in Savannah, Georgia / Cape Hatteras area. He admits its a guess, but said that is what Jean did last year and the pressure systems and conditions are similar.

Archived