Anyone know when Celebrity Summit will get a dry dock?

kekilia

I have read several reviews about Summit as we have an October 2016 cruise planned, and a lot of the reviews say the ship is old and showing rust, broken doors, etc.

Anybody know if a dry dock is upcoming and, if so, what type of refurbishment will be done?

Summit was drydocked in the early spring of 2012 after it's Caribbean run and just before it's Bermuda sailings when it became "solticized"

I have sailed her twice since then and think she is in great shape for an older ship. In fact, it's my favorite ship of all.

Not sure how often ships are drydocked though, maybe someone else can help you with that.

Summit looks great! We just finished a cruise on Feb 28th. Yes, she is older, but looks beautiful. Are there a few chairs that need recovering? Yes. But other than that, I didn't see anything.

When is your October 2016 cruise? My husband and I are doing the repositioning cruise on the 16th!

I have read several reviews about Summit as we have an October 2016 cruise planned, and a lot of the reviews say the ship is old and showing rust, broken doors, etc.

Anybody know if a dry dock is upcoming and, if so, what type of refurbishment will be done?

I sail Summit twice a year for the past 6 years, both pre-dry dock and post dry dock. The Summit does not need a drydock.

There are people who spend their entire vacation nit picking and looking for problems. In fact a couple years ago there was a post on here with a bunch of photographs of a torn bed ruffle and you would have thought the sky was falling.....

The Summit does not need a dry dock and the types of little repairs you speak of are not the types of things that need a dry dock to begin with. The paint, regrout tiles, replace carpet, recover furnishings while the ship is sailing without issue. In fact that are currently installing a suite restaurant right now while the ship is sailing.

Is there some rust outside in certain places, yes...will it be the same rust spot when you sail in over a year, probably not, it will be painted but a new rust spot will probably pop up elsewhere.

This ship is in far better shape than most hotels you will stay at, trust me.

Edited by cherylroslyn

I just got off the Summit this weekend. For the most part, the ship is in good shape for its age. That being said, there is a considerable amount of rust on the balcony floor. And what's that weird spongy material covering the floor of the balcony? I'm spoiled from the solstice class ships, and want teak flooring.

I did also find that the AquaSpa was in bad shape. Many broken knobs, rooms were cold, water in the different showers only got hot once..the best room is the private experience you have to pay even more for (I was able to use it on embarkation day unbeknownst to me it was a separate area bc the doors were open)

I also found the AC to be an issue on the ship- they seemed to have a hard time regulating the temp and found myself wanting to ditch my jacket on formal night before even leaving the room!