Buying Newports on board or in port? (specifically Quantum)

Hello all! I have a co-worker who smokes. She did something very kind for me lately, and I wanted to give her a small "thank you" gift after my trip. I was thinking of bringing her back some cigarettes. After probing, I found out she smokes Newport brand?

I am visiting Labadee, St. Maarten, Fort de France, San Juan, St. Kitts, and Barbados onboard Quantum.

My question is this - I have never bought cigarettes before, so is it best to buy them onboard or in a port somewhere? If in port, which would you recommend? How much can I expect to pay?

Thank you!

Saint Maarten is your best bet for Newports if you want American tobacco and paper.

The next best for lowest price is St. Kitt's, however the tobacco may be from France and the paper from India.

Saint Maarten is your best bet for Newports if you want American tobacco and paper.

The next best for lowest price is St. Kitt's, however the tobacco may be from France and the paper from India.

Okay - hopefully I don't sound stupid here..... [emoji15]

Is there a difference? Would it be neat to have French tobacco? LOL

Early in March I purchased cigarettes (Marlboro's) in St. Kitts at Square Duty Free Shop (in shopping area after you get off ship). They were $19.00 a carton and they are American. They were $33 on the ship so St. Kitts was a lot cheaper. Good luck!

I think it is great you want to surprise your friend with a gift but do you think giving someone "cigarettes"of all things is a good idea?

It's her habit - she's an adult who can make her own decisions. Long story short, she gave me some of her paid time off hours when I was sick and had no hours left of my own, and I want to pay her back with something significant - not just a small thank you. If in the states cigarettes are what.... (Seriously what are they? LOL $60/carton?) if I get her two then I just saved her a bunch of money.