Kora La and Mistrals restaurants

Going on the Transatlantic moments on the 12th April. First time on the Celebration.

Just wondering about the 2 restaurants mentioned above. We dined at Mistrals on the Dream and found it was worth the extra charge. I love Asian food and was wondering what your opinions are on both.

Thank you.

Calton.

PS.

We had 2 great barmen called Sakar and Richard on the Dream. just wondered if either of them maybe on the Celebration. :)

We were recently on The Dream and bought a package to dine at each of the three a la carte restaurants on the ship. The third is Hot Stones which I was looking forward to the least.

Mistrals is nice and quiet and the food is of a higher standard than the main dining room, although there is nothing wrong with the main dining room of course. There is more personal attention and the atmosphere is more relaxed. It is different from Mistrals on the Spirit but I liked it. This restaurant probably had the best desserts. A Canadian sat near me was not impressed by some of the food but my opinion differed to his.

Kora La is intended to be an Asian fusion restaurant. There is a little bit of Chinese, a little bit of Indian and a few other things thrown in. I enjoyed my meal very much though it's location at the back of the main dining room with only a screen separating it was not ideal. If you are going there to have an Indian then this can be done but it is not up to the standard of my local Indian restaurant. If you are going there just for Chinese food then you will find it difficult to put together an exclusively Chinese meal. If you are prepared to take the view that this will be a meal in which you just mix it up then you will have a much better time. If you like wickedly hot curries then you will be disappointed.

I didn't know what to expect from Hot Stones. It is located on the pool deck which makes it sound much worse than it is. We actually enjoyed dining whilst we watched the sun set, which doesn't take long in the Carribean. Very atmospheric but now to the food. They take a piece of volcanic stone and put it in an oven eight hours before you arrive heating it thoroughly to a temperature of 400 degrees celcius. Our starter was predetermined but was a variety of snacks which made it very interesting. We chose our meat/fish and any vegetable you might want. You could have all of the vegetables if you wished. My wife chose lamb and I chose surf'n'turf which consisted of beef and a lobster tail.

A rectangular plate arrives with the vegetables at one side and your meat or fish sizzling on top of the hot stone. You cook it to your own personal taste. You can try it rare but if you don't like it you can put it back on the stone to cook it some more. You can also use the stone to heat up your french fries or onion rings if they get a bit cold. The stone stays hot for ages. When you are young you are told not to play with your food but at Hot Stones playing with your food is what you are supposed to do. The desserts were good too. It was a great experience and thoroughly reccomended.

One last thing; if you are crusing for two weeks I would suggest that you go to the a la carte restaurant of your choice on the second Captain's night. There are not enough wine waiters in the main dining room and on Captain's night when they have to serve everyone at once they do struggle even though they are all working very hard. Much better to be in the more relaxed atmosphere of one of the a la carte restaurants.

I hope you have a wonderful time. Enjoy your cruise.

We went to Mistrals on the dream last year and the food and service were lovely. I am sure that it will be the same on the Celebration. Thanks for all the info.

Not long now :)

Calton.