Just off the Ruby- ask any questions!

Alexv500

Hi.

We sailed out of San Pedro on 3/21 as did the Ruby you were on.

We arrived at 12:30 and were on the Crown by 1:15. Once on board we looked over at the Ruby, and could not believe the line of people waiting outside and down the sidewalk waiting to just get inside the terminal. I don't know what the delay was for getting on board the Ruby, but the line looked ridiculously long. When we sailed out of port and past the Ruby at 4:00, there still seemed to be a mass of people waiting to board her.

What was the delay and what time did the Ruby finally sail?

We felt blessed and lucky to have had such a flawless boarding and sail away on the Crown, and felt very sorry for the crowd we saw waiting to just get inside the terminal to board the Ruby. It was very sunny and a bit warm, and we were truly glad to have sailed at our scheduled 4:00pm time.

John

Hi John! I arrived to San Pedro that day at around 12:30 as well and was onboard around 1:25 so I got very lucky to be on so quick. There was a large line when I arrived, but I asked a porter and she told me that long line was for people who didn't put luggage tags on their luggage. Luckily I already had my luggage ready to go and I gave her my luggage. We went inside the terminal and luckily there was no line for us to get inside. They checked our passport and boarding pass to get in and off to security we went. Once inside, it was madness inside. A lot of people were confused and didn't know where to go. Soon after, we went to check in and boarded right after we got our cards/room key. There were some delays and I believed we sailed away Around 5ish. Don't know what the delay was but I do remember watching you guys sail away, I even took lots of photos and videos of the Crown sailing away. It was a sold out cruise, a lot of people on spring break vacation so maybe that caused the delay; also it was Ruby's first departure from the West Coast after arriving from a South American voyage from Ft. Lauderdale. Despite the delay, we made it right on time to our first stop of Puerto Vallarta. :D hope you enjoyed your cruise on the Crown!

Hi John! I arrived to San Pedro that day at around 12:30 as well and was onboard around 1:25 so I got very lucky to be on so quick. There was a large line when I arrived, but I asked a porter and she told me that long line was for people who didn't put luggage tags on their luggage. Luckily I already had my luggage ready to go and I gave her my luggage. We went inside the terminal and luckily there was no line for us to get inside. They checked our passport and boarding pass to get in and off to security we went. Once inside, it was madness inside. A lot of people were confused and didn't know where to go. Soon after, we went to check in and boarded right after we got our cards/room key. There were some delays and I believed we sailed away Around 5ish. Don't know what the delay was but I do remember watching you guys sail away, I even took lots of photos and videos of the Crown sailing away. It was a sold out cruise, a lot of people on spring break vacation so maybe that caused the delay; also it was Ruby's first departure from the West Coast after arriving from a South American voyage from Ft. Lauderdale. Despite the delay, we made it right on time to our first stop of Puerto Vallarta. :D hope you enjoyed your cruise on the Crown!

Definitely pays to be prepared.

Looking at Ruby for a future cruise. Looks/Sounds like a beautiful ship.

Definitely pays to be prepared.

Looking at Ruby for a future cruise. Looks/Sounds like a beautiful ship.

Ruby is an outstanding ship, too bad she doesn't have any sailings for when I'm off on vacation. Looking at the Crown Mexican Riviera for Thanksgiving this year. How did you like the Crown?

Ruby is an outstanding ship, too bad she doesn't have any sailings for when I'm off on vacation. Looking at the Crown Mexican Riviera for Thanksgiving this year. How did you like the Crown?

How disappointing for you. Too bad you can't go earlier in the month. I see there is a CA Coastal Cruise at the beginning of November or a longer cruise to Hawaii on the 15th over Thanksgiving.

Haven't been on the Crown Princess, so can't give you an opinion.

Edited by SilverLining4Me

How disappointing for you. Too bad you can't go earlier in the month. I see there is a CA Coastal Cruise at the beginning of November or a longer cruise to Hawaii on the 15th.

Haven't been on the Crown Princess, so can't give you an opinion.

Oh oops haha I was thinking you were the person who went on the Crown the same day I left LOL! I would want to try a CA coastal, but my heart stayed in mexico. I absolutely loved the Mexican Riviera and would go back in a heartbeat! :)

Oh oops haha I was thinking you were the person who went on the Crown the same day I left LOL! I would want to try a CA coastal, but my heart stayed in mexico. I absolutely loved the Mexican Riviera and would go back in a heartbeat! :)

Not a problem ... I felt that may be what happened.

Enjoy your cruise.