Lounge chairs on balcony - Silhouette Family Veranda?

SeaCBear

Hi everyone - I just watched a

on the Silhouette which shows at least one lounge chair on the balcony.

The video is a few years old, and I'm just wondering if anyone has been in this cabin recently, and can confirm that the lounge chairs are still there? I love to put my feet up!

Thanks.

Thanks CathyCruises - we'll be on the 8th deck, and I the family balcony is almost double the size of the balcony on the same cabin one deck below (53 sq.ft. vs 105 sq.ft). The video shows a fully extended lounge chair, plus two other chairs and a small table.

We were on Solstice, no lounge chairs. And if you are on the 7th floor, there wouldn't be room. Those balconies are really small

We were on Solstice, no lounge chairs. And if you are on the 7th floor, there wouldn't be room. Those balconies are really small

Cathy, we are on the 8th floor on the Solstice in a few months. Any info on these rooms you can share is greatly appreciated.

Cathy, we are on the 8th floor on the Solstice in a few months. Any info on these rooms you can share is greatly appreciated.

Sure, the Good: Huge cabin, gigantic master bedroom, plenty of space. Nice view forward over the bow. Leather-like couch that makes into the 5th bed plus a chair.

The Bad: Too much totally wasted space; the second bedroom is miniscule, just the length of the bunk beds. They could easily have made the bunk room twice as big and the master would still have been very large. No TV in either bedroom. In that huge bedroom, they have just plopped the bed unit found in the regular cabins, which is all one piece with the cupboards above, and added the same closet off to the side. No other furniture.

The dining table, at that time, was just a two-top from the buffet. Kind of silly in a room that's supposed to sleep 5

Incredibly noisy when anchoring or docking, usually about 5 AM, extreme vibration, impossible to sleep through.

A very long walk to anyplace on the ship; 20 minutes round trip to get to the buffet and back with a cup of coffee!

Would I do it again if I had kids or grandkids with me and we wanted to be all together? Yes. Would I do it again just for a couple? No. We ended up with four adults, so two were in the bunks, but we managed the one bathroom situation really well.

It does seem very luxurious to have all that room, but it could be arranged and furnished in a much more usable way. I guess they don't want to compete with the suites, so they keep it very basic.

Sure, the Good: Huge cabin, gigantic master bedroom, plenty of space. Nice view forward over the bow. Leather-like couch that makes into the 5th bed plus a chair.

The Bad: Too much totally wasted space; the second bedroom is miniscule, just the length of the bunk beds. They could easily have made the bunk room twice as big and the master would still have been very large. No TV in either bedroom. In that huge bedroom, they have just plopped the bed unit found in the regular cabins, which is all one piece with the cupboards above, and added the same closet off to the side. No other furniture.

The dining table, at that time, was just a two-top from the buffet. Kind of silly in a room that's supposed to sleep 5

Incredibly noisy when anchoring or docking, usually about 5 AM, extreme vibration, impossible to sleep through.

A very long walk to anyplace on the ship; 20 minutes round trip to get to the buffet and back with a cup of coffee!

Would I do it again if I had kids or grandkids with me and we wanted to be all together? Yes. Would I do it again just for a couple? No. We ended up with four adults, so two were in the bunks, but we managed the one bathroom situation really well.

It does seem very luxurious to have all that room, but it could be arranged and furnished in a much more usable way. I guess they don't want to compete with the suites, so they keep it very basic.

Thanks For the info. I am a little worried about the distance, but I was thinking it would help us burn off calories. Also, wish there was a TV in the master, but don't watch much on a cruise anyways I guess. Disappointed to hear how small the table is, since we will be having 5 traveling together. I guess my two remaining concerns are, is the 5th bed comfortable (my mom will probably be sleeping on it) and is the view from the balcony blocked in anyway (we will be in Alaska and hope to use the balcony a lot)?

Well hopefully the table has been replaced with something five can use. This was a few years ago. I have read reviews from other passengers in the FV that they had a more normal dining table.

Most of the balcony is fine, but the forward part of it is tucked back into the superstructure. I think it will be good for Alaska. When we boarded, there were only two chairs on the balcony and we had to ask for two more, which were promptly delivered.

I don't know how comfortable the couch is, since we never used it as a bed, but I think it will be okay once it's made up. If it's too firm, you may be able to ask for a topper of some sort.

It really is a good cabin for a family, it's just that I have been a Realtor for thirty years and have a very critical eye for layout, use of living space, etc. I'm sure you will be very happy with it once you see it!