Cheers program question re: cabins

bridgie04

Let me see if I can explain this without making a mess of it:

two cabins. cabin # 1 wife and child.

cabin # 2 adult brothers (2)

The brothers are booked together to save the single brother the solo cruise fare. The brother who is the husband/father will sleep in the cabin with his wife and child.

One brother does not want the Cheers program, the other does. Wife does not. Should we move the wife into the first cabin so that both adults who are on the reservation do not have to purchase Cheers, and put the other brother in the room with the child? He could purchase then since he is only adult over 21 on that cabin reservation?

If yes, should we do this beforehand by phone? Or wait til the ship...which seems like we are trying to game the system?

I am not trying to outright game the system. But if it makes sense and is permissible, then I will.

Let me see if I can explain this without making a mess of it:

two cabins. cabin # 1 wife and child.

cabin # 2 adult brothers (2)

The brothers are booked together to save the single brother the solo cruise fare. The brother who is the husband/father will sleep in the cabin with his wife and child.

One brother does not want the Cheers program, the other does. Wife does not. Should we move the wife into the first cabin so that both adults who are on the reservation do not have to purchase Cheers, and put the other brother in the room with the child? He could purchase then since he is only adult over 21 on that cabin reservation?

If yes, should we do this beforehand by phone? Or wait til the ship...which seems like we are trying to game the system?

I am not trying to outright game the system. But if it makes sense and is permissible, then I will.

Is it permissible, yes, you can put any two adults in a cabin prior to embarkation and switch room keys after boarding.

Are you trying to game the system, yes as you know ahead of time that these are not the sleeping arrangements you want and are only doing it so you won't have to buy Cheers for someone. That pretty much is the definition of "gaming the system".

So I had thought about doing this myself (2 couples cruising, guys want Cheers girls dont) but decided against it because I thought the switching of rooms keys (and the associated charges with it) would get to complicated. Did I over think it?? :confused:

Yes :)

It is very simple to swap rooms - a quick stop at guest services and it's done. They do it all the time and wouldn't batt an eye

So I had thought about doing this myself (2 couples cruising, guys want Cheers girls dont) but decided against it because I thought the switching of rooms keys (and the associated charges with it) would get to complicated. Did I over think it?? :confused:

I've decided against it. Too complicated. Not really in the spirit it was intended (forgive the pun). Your mileage may vary.

Edited by bridgie04

I guess I am the odd ball. Since your desired and true sleeping arrangement is Wife, child and one adult male but you booked to two adult Males together to save the solo supplement I don't see it as gaming the system. You could have easily booked child and adult male (uncle) in one room in the first place.

I guess I am the odd ball. Since your desired and true sleeping arrangement is Wife, child and one adult male but you booked to two adult Males together to save the solo supplement I don't see it as gaming the system. You could have easily booked child and adult male (uncle) in one room in the first place.

This.

Unless the male that wants it is the one that is the father of the child. If it's the brother, then I don't see it as abusing the system since he will be alone in the room anyway.

I don't see it as gaming the system. As long as the one who wants it is not trying to share it, I don't see anything dishonest in not wanting to pay for someone that doesn't want it.

I agree, don't see it as gaming if there is no sharing. My husband will RARELY drink on a cruise, so it never makes sense for me to get the Beverage Package if both people in the room have to have it. On our last cruise on NCL we got it for free, and on Carnival, we end up just paying for individual drinks. My upcoming cruise I will have to pay individually because the my girlfriend doesnt want to get it - blah. She'd save me a lot of money if she would haha!

But yeah, as long as no sharing, dont see this as working the system. Only reason why they have the "Everyone in cabin must get soda/alcohol package" is because of sharing.

This.

Unless the male that wants it is the one that is the father of the child. If it's the brother, then I don't see it as abusing the system since he will be alone in the room anyway.

I thought about this scenario after I posted and shut down. I came back this morning to add to my comment. You beat me too it.