Comparison shopping

Cynthia1271

I spent a little time comparison shopping today. I logged onto rcl and carnival and created mock bookings during the same month that I booked and with similar staterooms and perks and i still can't beat ncl. Rcl was $3k more and I didn't even calculate gratuity and beverages. Yikes! I'll stick with my tried and true ncl!

I've been tempted multiple times to create an excel spreadsheet comparing the prices/amenities of similar cruises across multiple lines, just out of curiosity. Or because I get incredibly bored on a regular basis and that usually winds up with me looking up all the vacations I'm interested in taking.

Every time I've looked, the Breakaway has turned out to be the best option for us by a VERY long shot. We don't have to cross into NJ to catch the ship, so our commute to the port is cut down to a third of the time versus, say, Celebrity. We get the max amount of time out of all the various lines that go at the best time of the week (I won't do Dawn to Bermuda because I don't like the idea of getting in on a Sunday and not having as many options for what to do that day, on top of it sailing from Boston). Pricing is eh on most sites, but I book through an agency that does a points-based rewards system that saves me hundreds.

Much as I do agree that NCL has made some bone-headed decisions in the past couple of months, I'm still probably going to choose them until an equal or better option comes along for what my boyfriend and I want out of our cruises.