Paradise in Tampa what do you think?

theriac

Celebration Cruise Line has ceased operation after crashing their only ship in Freeport. The principals have started a new cruise line, Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line, with the purchase of the Grand Celebration (ex Grand Celebration, ex Celebration).

I didn't say it would be them, I said like them. A small little line trying to get some market share somewhere. The company doesn't matter I used them as an example.

Captain, I also met you recently. I sailed Pride on Feb 22. I was very near the beginning of the boarding, long light brown hair, and I told you I don't post very often. Just wanted to say Hi. Everyone in our large group loved cruising out of Tampa (although I was walking with only my husband at the time). The port is run very well. It was a very easy port to cruise out of.

First to all of our visitors from the UK, I am so glad so many of you folks come to the Tampa Bay area to visit. When I am at the airport watching airplanes take-off and land I am pleased to watch BA2167 arrive from Gatwick. I hope we make you feel welcome here. We sure appreciate you coming to visit and hope you keep coming back.

Yes the view of the air field and the Skyway bridge are great. I have traveled on 3 cruises from here, and now more and more seek other places to cruise from as the itineraries are limited for the most part to the western Caribbean. I loved Carnival Legend but once on that itin' was enough.

Glad you were able to take part in the Legend re position through the canal.

That must have been great. Interesting what the staff member told you about only a few from the local area on board. I wondered about that.

I don't mind the 7 night (8 is better) cruises but keep looking for different ports to travel to and on different ships. I have been to 20 different ports in the Caribbean so I am limited in finding new ones more and more. Still quite a few out there though that I have not been to.

Yes possibly a new port will be built outside the bridge, but that will be a long way from now, if ever. I hope so, but not encouraged by it actually ever happening.

Thanks again for your visits to the US and the Bay area. Happy sailing.

If money allows we will be back, although space mad hubby has his heart set on Port Canaveral now. We missed Busch Gardens because of time constraints and were impressed with the amount of good beer in the area. :)

We took the United flight from Birmingham UK (Near where we live) to Newark then had a quick flight to Tampa. We dislike London airports. Never realised there was a direct Tampa/Gatwick flight.

Edited by Velvetwater

If money allows we will be back, although space mad hubby has his heart set on Port Canaveral now. We missed Busch Gardens because of time constraints and were impressed with the amount of good beer in the area. :)

We took the United flight from Birmingham UK (Near where we live) to Newark then had a quick flight to Tampa. We dislike London airports. Never realised there was a direct Tampa/Gatwick flight.

Lots of good beer in this area and most is locally brewed. Also the direct flight between TPA and Gatwick is run by British Airway. Its also a relatively short drive to Orlando/Canaveral area from TB.

John did post about this earlier this morning:

Please remember I said we would release more dancing of the ships news the "week of April 6th"..........not April 6th...........sometime this week many more of you will be smiling. cheers

John did post about this earlier this morning:

Please remember I said we would release more dancing of the ships news the "week of April 6th"..........not April 6th...........sometime this week many more of you will be smiling. cheers

Thanks, I checked on my phone and it only showed 3 posts from today. I appreciate the info and seeing what Tampa is getting

Captain Carnival- I love your input on the Tampa port and the Paradise! We are sailing out this Saturday (4/18) so I've been doing research on here, and your posts are very helpful! Hopefully I meet you! My name is Shannon [emoji4]

The week of the 6th has now passed .....we are lookin for something for late Aug, or, early Sept ... we were gonna book the Sept sailing from Canaveral till we heard a possible "new" ship in Tampa ... Tampa is real easy for us ... 13 miles to port ...anyone heard anything ???

Edited by griz400

The week of the 6th has now passed .....we are lookin for something for late Aug, or, early Sept ... we were gonna book the Sept sailing from Canaveral till we heard a possible "new" ship in Tampa ... Tampa is real easy for us ... 13 miles to port ...anyone heard anything ???

It wouldn't be until 2016 if anything happened so I would keep looking for other sailings.

Hey folks. Here is the Carnival announcement from cruiseradio.net.

No news about Tampa yet, but a lot of great information about ship deployments in the future. Soon we should hear about Tampa. Check out cruiseradio.net. You will really enjoy all of the information. Weekly radio broadcasts, and you can access over 200 past ones. Check it out.

http://cruiseradio.net/carnival-magic-heads-to-florida-and-more/