Just back from 5 day on Liberty & She is big..

Thanks for the links Karen! I love reading everyone's posts!

Eileenieg63

Your welcome! I hope it is helping you find what you are looking for to gain info for the trip.

A few items I have packed to ward off things, and so far it has worked to a T, and they are an umbrella, raincoat, bonine. If you forget something the medical facility had a bunch of over the counter items for purchase .25ea! There are other items in the general store.

I was thinking maybe this fall maybe I would go to Bermuda, but maybe I might just fly and stay. I'll see!

Happy Cruising all!

Leaving Belize

dcee6d36111b1d6848f799d03fb5c036.jpg

Good morning folks from Canada. We are seasoned travellers and about to go on the Liberty out of Bayonne on May 6th. As they have changed the Terminal and parking since the last time we went on the Explorer we were wondering how embarking and parking goes now. Just getting to the terminal has been a mess before. So anyone with some experience with this new terminal if you could comment it would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good morning folks from Canada. We are seasoned travellers and about to go on the Liberty out of Bayonne on May 6th. As they have changed the Terminal and parking since the last time we went on the Explorer we were wondering how embarking and parking goes now. Just getting to the terminal has been a mess before.

THIS is from their website:

Parking Information

A safe, secured parking facility, operated by Central Parking, is conveniently located adjacent to the cruise terminal. Parking fees are $19 per day (subject to change). Cash, traveler's checks and major credit cards are accepted. No reservations are necessary. At this time, there is no covered or valet parking at Cape Liberty Cruise Port.

Security at the Pier

Please expect delays related to security and immigration procedures when arriving at the pier to board the ship. These procedures have been designed for your safety and all attempts will be made to expedite you through the process as quickly as possible.

Please Note

The road leading into the port is currently under construction. This construction is causing traffic congestion in and out of the port. In order to avoid traffic caused by the construction, guests are encouraged not to arrive at the port until after 12:00 p.m. This construction will not cause the ship’s departure to be delayed, nor will it affect the ship’s arrival into the next port of call. Please remember that guests are required to be checked in no later than 90 minutes prior to the scheduled sailing time.

Edited by Eileenieg63

We leave on Liberty in 6 days. We sailed the Allure in November and I found the WJ food there to also be inedible, and I'm not a fussy eater. Best thing I had from the buffet was a bagel.

YIKES that sounds discouraging! I hope Liberty gets a better review! LOL

Will you please let us know how the cruise is?

I do have a question, in your opinion where and what time should we eat on Embarkation day? I read that specialty restaurants give 20%off on first night.

Thanks,

Eileen

We are not picky eaters .......ate at the WJ for breakfast each morning. My husband and I and the 6 teenage boys who went with us never had any trouble finding plenty of good eats! Loved the made to order omelets, grits, oatmeal, bran muffins were great! Boys loved the waffles with fruit toppings and they ate plenty of bacon! For lunch boys never were hungry eating in th WJ....the hubby and I took advantage of the "cookouts" out by the pool!

As for dinner we always ate in the main dining area.....we had a great experience and our waiters took great care of us. The first night the tiger shrimp was on the menu.....the DH ate 5 orders of it! The boys all had their share of it also!

Good morning folks from Canada. We are seasoned travellers and about to go on the Liberty out of Bayonne on May 6th. As they have changed the Terminal and parking since the last time we went on the Explorer we were wondering how embarking and parking goes now. Just getting to the terminal has been a mess before. So anyone with some experience with this new terminal if you could comment it would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hello. you might want to join the roll call for our May 6th sailing. someone posted pictures and spoke about the parking terminal