Alaska 2016 pricing

Been thinking about an Alaska cruise in 2016, and have been waiting for what seems like an age for RC to release their itinerary, and now they have.

What a disappointment the prices are though. A balcony at a reasonable time of year comes out at about £4000 (cruise only). By contrast a similar cruise on Celebrity is just over £2000.

We've got a couple of RC Next Cruise Certificates to use, but we won't be using them in Alaska!

Is anyone else surprised at RC's pricing?

I agree, some of the pricing does seem ridiculous. We compared opening day prices and next year for the same week as this year, is £2000 more. Considering a recent thread that stated Michael Bayley had said they hadn't been able to increase prices, £2000 seems like a 'small' increase!!

However, some of the other pricing hasn't been as ridiculous as I have seen on other cruise lines, so I guess it's a bit hit and miss.

Been thinking about an Alaska cruise in 2016, and have been waiting for what seems like an age for RC to release their itinerary, and now they have.

What a disappointment the prices are though. A balcony at a reasonable time of year comes out at about £4000 (cruise only). By contrast a similar cruise on Celebrity is just over £2000.

We've got a couple of RC Next Cruise Certificates to use, but we won't be using them in Alaska!

Is anyone else surprised at RC's pricing?

I thought the prices were quite steep also. We are looking to book but have decided to wait and see if the prices take a tumble later in the year.