Mustard question??

racnwdow

m steve.

With your highly refined palate you must put mayo on your "freedom fries" like the Frxxch do.

I've had the pleasure of dining in 4 and 5 star restaurants both here and in Europe but one of my favorite things is a ham sandwich with butter and ketchup. But please, on bread with more personality than Wonder bread. Another is a hambruger pattie fried well, mashed spuds on top and chili w/beans poured over the whole mess. Wow my mouth waters!! No accounting for individual tastes.

Dan

m steve.

With your highly refined palate you must put mayo on your "freedom fries" like the Frxxch do.

I've had the pleasure of dining in 4 and 5 star restaurants both here and in Europe but one of my favorite things is a ham sandwich with butter and ketchup. But please, on bread with more personality than Wonder bread. Another is a hambruger pattie fried well, mashed spuds on top and chili w/beans poured over the whole mess. Wow my mouth waters!! No accounting for individual tastes.

Dan

And What is your number??? That is cholestrol. Take out insurance.

Nothing wet on the fries except if I'm lucky enough to find them w/Old Bay coating mix.

Now taking yellow mustard, red catsup, brown pbutter and purple grape jelly you not only get to make your Wonder Bread sculptures but can make them in color!

As far as cholesterol my Dr. said if it goes any higher I can split 2 for one like the oil companies will do shortly.

Donna5,

The number is around 150-165 now. It was over 400 before my heart split 2 for 1 :eek:. But they stainless steeled it back together and now I take 2 dozen pills daily. I haven't eaten one of my faves in more years than I want to think about. But oh, the delectable memories.

Dan

Plain yellow mustard also works with a charcoal grilled burger (rare) with grilled onions toamtoes and pickle, or with a hot dog; spicy mustard just doesn't cut it.

As to wonder bread, while its the equuivalent of cheese whiz, it's perfect for a soft pb and j sandwhich (Skippy Creamy and Smuckers strawberry preserves). You can fill it with peanut butter and fold it without it breaking. That's good eating, second only to fois gras sauteed and served with sauterne.

At 56 I still enjoy an occasional PB and J made with Wonder Bread, Jif Extra Crunchy, an home made strawberry jam. I really like how the bread sticks to the roof of my mouth. The rest of the loaf can be used for dough balls, that you shoot through a straw. My wife really enjoys getting hit in the back of the head with those.

stoneharborlady --- as a fellow (or lady!) Pittsburgher, surely you have a Heinz pickel pin. I bet if I dug deep enough, I could still find mine! As kids, we toured Heinz and the Brauns TownTalk bread factory.

I am actually a transplanted Pittsburgher, as I grew up on Long Island (NY) But I certainly DO have that pickle pin, though my son stole it from me to wear on a hat.

I wouldn't have to bring my Grey Poupon on the ship if they only had yellow mustard but after tasting Princess coffee I will bring my own pot, coffee , etc.
I could take some small packs of adult mustard as well if necessary but don't eat hot dogs on ships. Not all beef but ball park type that kids like. Here we go again!

Archived