Spring Break Crowd April 2016

tlc1680

Thinking of taking a cruise out of Galveston next April 2016 on either the Magic, (3 April) or Freedom, (9 April). Will college Spring Breaks be over at this time? I will be traveling with my children ages 7 and 5 so I would like to avoid this crowd, especially since Carnival is more known for this type. In fact the last two times I was on Carnival was when I was in college. ;)

Royal Carribean out of Galveston is over 1K more.

Thanks don't mind if it is K-12 spring break just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be stuck on a booze cruise with my kids.

Now I just have to decide between the Magic or the Freedom! Both have things I like!

I have cruised in mid/late April and said never again. There were TONS of college age kids and Spring Breakers from NY/NJ area....This was on a 7 day out of Miami. I would have thought that the Spring Breakers would have been over by then and the 7 day cruises would attract fewer of them but that was not the case.

I figure you are taking a gamble any time in the spring.

Texas public schools and universities typically have spring break the second or third week in March.

Not sure how many states in the local area have spring break over easter. This may be a northeast thing. When we lived in NJ spring break was over easter.

Thinking of taking a cruise out of Galveston next April 2016 on either the Magic, (3 April) or Freedom, (9 April). Will college Spring Breaks be over at this time? I will be traveling with my children ages 7 and 5 so I would like to avoid this crowd, especially since Carnival is more known for this type. In fact the last two times I was on Carnival was when I was in college. ;)

Royal Carribean out of Galveston is over 1K more.

We always tend to go on a cruise when it is spring break time, in all seriousness it is not THAT bad, i cruise with my sister and my 76 year old dad, we have never had any issues with spring breakers.

I would say ship wise I loved the Freedom when we did our B2B on her a few years ago such a great ship!

When is Easter next year? Many schools will have two days off around and Catholic schools have three days. My sons college is off Fri Mon in Texas and mine in MO is Thur Fri

Sent from my iPad using Forums