Local Tour suggestions in Bermuda

Liverpoollovely

We have not been to Bermuda before, the age of the group goes from 28 - 76 years old, there will be three of us going and one cannot swim so snorkeling is pretty much out for us, what else can we do on the island not snorkeling or scuba related?

we like island tours, tours to distilleries or breweries, we like to do unique things as a family and take beautiful photographs of the islands we visit.

could you recommend any excursions to do or companies to contact in Bermuda?

Here's a very lengthy thread on tours. May sound strange but, start at the last page and read back. The thread was started five years ago so reading backwards a bit will give you more current information. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1198339&highlight=taxi+tours&page=46

Thank you so much :)

My wife and I scheduled a private taxi tour of Bermuda with Colin Jennings. I believe his e-mail address is colinjenningstaxi@yahoo.com. Contact him way in advance as he is a popular guy. We had a great tour from Hamilton to St. Georges and all the way back to the Shipyard.

Here is a link to a Cruise Critic thread with more information about private tours. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1198339

Enjoy!

My wife and I scheduled a private taxi tour of Bermuda with Colin Jennings. I believe his e-mail address is colinjenningstaxi@yahoo.com. Contact him way in advance as he is a popular guy. We had a great tour from Hamilton to St. Georges and all the way back to the Shipyard.

Here is a link to a Cruise Critic thread with more information about private tours. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1198339

Enjoy!

Where did you go on your tour? Did he have suggestions?

We loved buying the bus and ferry pass and touring the island ourselves. Taking the bus to the glass beach was a fantastic time. Very easy island to get around..blue bus on way...pink the other, buses will stop for you ...and direct you. FRIENDLIEST island ...with the most wonderful people.

The glass blowing demonstration at the stores dockside was very informative and interesting, as well as the fort dockside, and there are dolphins there too.

Wednesday(?) night is fun in Hamilton, with music, crafts and food

I was in Bermuda this past October and did a tour with Byway Tours. Her name is Heidi. She has a van that holds 8 people. Don't worry if you don't have 8 people, she will fill the van. The tour is about 5 to 6 hours and includes lunch. Cost is 100.00. She is awesome. She picked us up at the Dockyard, we stopped at Long Bay Beach then the lighthouse. She made a stop at Flatt's village and then on to St. George. The whole way she would tell us history of Bermuda and stories. In St. George we walked around and she went to pick up lunch, hamburgers or fish sandwiches. The fish sandwich was the BEST sandwich I have ever eaten. On the way back we also made a stop at the Swizzle Inn for a pitcher of Rum Swizzles!!!! She was definitely worth every penny!!!

Has anyone heard of Affordable-tours and can you tell me what your thoughts are on them. They were recommended to me in a Facebook post, but I haven't seen anything here about them. Thank you.

Edited by oscardog