Cloud 9 Spa Room for Dummies

Jenhem31

I'm so confused. Aside from the serene decor and upgraded toiletries, what are the advantages to booking a spa room? I've researched and am coming up short. Can someone who's experienced a spa room help me?

I was looking specifically at the Breeze. Booking 2 rooms, 1 interior and 1 balcony and the interior spa came up as an option. Probably won't shell out the extra $$ for a spa balcony but the interior is a possibility.

Edited by Jenhem31

Other than what you said. The room includes the spa access with the booking, priority spa reservations. The spa on breeze is nicer than some of the other ships. Only do if the spa is important to you. Oh you get special cloud 9 spa robes. They also sell spa passes in limited numbers at beginning of cruise too.

Other than what you said. The room includes the spa access with the booking, priority spa reservations. The spa on breeze is nicer than some of the other ships. Only do if the spa is important to you. Oh you get special cloud 9 spa robes. They also sell spa passes in limited numbers at beginning of cruise too.

When you say spa access, what does that include? Free spa treatments or amenities?

It gives you access to the thalassotherapy pool, (elaborate big hot tub with special mineral water- at least that's what they tell me) Oriental steam, lacconium steam, a couple types of saunas, etc. sorry if misspelled some of the rooms names. Lol. It does not include free spa treatments, body rubs etc. the weight and exercise room is available to all guests. You are really paying for these sauna rooms. I did it on the breeze and it was quite relaxing and nice. I have a cloud 9 on Splendor tomorrow. So i like it, but it if your in doubt don't buy it and go to the spa the very first day and you can buy a spa pass while they are available and they give you a tour so you can check it out. They only have so many extra passes and sometimes you can buy one for a day I'm told. Check it out that way and if you like it do it. I believe it's like 250 to 300? For a week for a couple. Not exactly sure how much they sell the separate passes for. My wife and I like it we are 49 and 51.

Edited by xeroxme

This will be our second year on a spa balcony. It is a treat! We only get it when the price goes way down and thankfully it has eventually for us!

-great location

-quiet--no crazies running up and down the hallway or being nuts on their balcony

-amazing whirlpool and steam rooms--so relaxing and special

-nice robes and amenities

We really loved it:-)

There are a few other pluses - when the cloud 9 first came around the area of those cabins were strictly non-smoking (including the balcony) - the area where these cabins are are fairly secluded and tucked way forward and up high (deck 11 & 12) - we like that, some do not. Because of where they are there's very little foot traffic (really just your neighbors) so it's very quiet - there are discounts for services (they step up from 10% to 30% - based on how many you opt for - the cabins have a more subdued color scheme, and you are provided with special "spa" robes (to borrow) and slippers (to take home) -as well as higher end sample bath soaps. We love the spa and the spa cabins (balcony for us) have been worth the cost for us. If you enjoy steam rooms, saunas, a relaxing room with heated loungers (with huge picture windows to take you away) and a nice hot tub (water is warmer than any on deck) - then it might be worth it to you. We have a daily ritual - around 4 when the early eaters are starting to get ready we find the spa clears out quite a bit so we head in. We go from room to room and hot tub to the final heated loungers, over about 75-90 minutes total - shower, and dress and because we have ATD we head to dinner around 7 - depending on our location we might hang out on the balcony for sunset before heading to dinner, but we are RELAXED and enjoy the slower pace of the evening for it.

Ask yourself, does that sound like something you might enjoy?

One drawback is the stinky rooms, at least our experience on the Dream. Bad sewer smell for us in a starboard side balcony on deck 11. So for our next Spa cabins we have booked port interiors. The only drawback of that is if we have a sewer smell on these next cruises, we can't get away from it on a balcony. Though it was still smelly on the balcony.

We do enjoy the spa and in addition to our one spa room, we have bought the spa pass when we were in a cove balcony on the dream. Love the thalassotherapy pool and steam rooms. They also have a great relaxation room with fruit and ice cold water. We also use the shower facilities, which are separate from those in the fitness center to get cleaned up on a few of the nights before dinner.

We go from room to room and hot tub to the final heated loungers, over about 75-90 minutes total - shower, and dress and because we have ATD we head to dinner around 7 - depending on our location we might hang out on the balcony for sunset before heading to dinner, but we are RELAXED and enjoy the slower pace of the evening for it.

Ask yourself, does that sound like something you might enjoy?

Yes, it certainly does, thank you for this idea.

My only issue with the cloud 9 spa is now the steam rooms have a charge.... grrr. I did get the spa package on my last Breeze vacation, but i really liked all the other ships that had it for free. But.it is what it is.

My only issue with the cloud 9 spa is now the steam rooms have a charge.... grrr. I did get the spa package on my last Breeze vacation, but i really liked all the other ships that had it for free. But.it is what it is.

Aren't the steam rooms in the Cloud 9 Spa a step above those that are free on the other ships?

We have had spa cabins on the Magic and Splendor. Only cabin I want if the ship has Cloud 9 spa. The heated loungers feel so great and love the T Pool. Relaxation room is fabulous for me. I head up there early in the am and can sit and sip tea and relax and what a view from there!!