Just back from Navigator. Very long multi-post review

For those just off the Navigator...

I am reading in other threads that alcoholic drinks have increased 15-40%, that bartender are measuring shots in mixed drinks (no longer free pouring) and that gratuities are now an auto 18%!

Can you confirm?

If so, are they trying to force the drinkers to buy a package?

I'm reading lots of posts about drink prices shooting through the roof. But everyone is reporting on the fancy mixed and frozen drinks. By any chance did you happen to order a simple vodka tonic or a Crown or Jack and Coke, and if you did what was the price? In cruises past I typically paid $6 for a vodka and water or a vodka tonic.

So tanqueray and tonic was $10 with tip, BLoody Mary $14....prices are very high.

We didn't see any free pouring until the last night and then the drinks were so strong, I could barely drink them!

I don't know about forcing...but my DH had one last time and did it justice. I hardly drank and spent $200 so I got the package on next cruise, at the bogo 1/2 off pkg.

When you don't tip additional (I think 18%is pretty darn good!) I feel like they frowned at you a bit. I only tipped extra for super excellent service!

Jess

I would like to ask why you never eat dinner in the main dining room?

We will be on this ship in early August and on a previous cruise on Princess we

very much enjoyed the dining room and having the same wait staff every night

Also we are bringing our young adult sons & girlfriends so we can't afford to

pay more for dinner!

I would like to ask why you never eat dinner in the main dining room?

We will be on this ship in early August and on a previous cruise on Princess we

very much enjoyed the dining room and having the same wait staff every night

Also we are bringing our young adult sons & girlfriends so we can't afford to

pay more for dinner!

When we started sailing on Oasis and Allure, there were so many options with the specialty restaurants so planned on trying them all. When I sailed on the Mariner with my mom, we did the MDR and I was just not thrilled by the menus. We typically do not do excursions so look at the specialty restaurants as that. We still dress up, although not formal attire, so it's not about wanting to get dressed.

We actually just decided that when we said Adventure in September we will give MDR another chance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We did the same. Between the uncrowded Diamond Lounge (only about 130 D or above on the cruise) and the pre-loaded three drinks a day, for the first time ever we didn't spend a dime on drinks the entire trip (other than tips).

I am curious about the pre-loaded 3 drinks a day. Is that to be used in the Diamond Lounge or in addition to the Diamond Lounge?

I am curious about the pre-loaded 3 drinks a day. Is that to be used in the Diamond Lounge or in addition to the Diamond Lounge?

It was in addition. We would go to the schooner bar every night at 5 to play progressive trivia and have a drink there. They never swipe your card in the DL. It is a great perk.

It was in addition. We would go to the schooner bar every night at 5 to play progressive trivia and have a drink there. They never swipe your card in the DL. It is a great perk.

The 3 drinks on your Seapass card are a great perk. We would stop at the DL for a little while and a little finger food along chatting with friends we met on board....and then leave to go to dinner and stop at a bar and pick up a drink and walk into dinner with it.

After dinner, stop at a bar and get another drink.