Progreso Port Fees Refund Issue

luv2kroooz

Has anybody had trouble getting their port fees refunded due to the elimination of Progreso from the Glory itinerary. At the time the elimination was announced, Carnival told me that they would provide an onboard credit for the $4 or $5 per person. However, we received our docs and there are no credits listed on the documents. I called Carnival and now they say they should have been refunded to my credit card. I agree they should have, but they haven't been. Anyone else had this issue? How was it resolved? Thanks. We are sailing on the glory on September 24.

Hey Brian, there is a group of us sailing on the Glory on the 24th. Come on over to our roll call. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=131221. We have some fun activities planned for on board.

As far as the credit of the port charges, I was assuming that they would be issued once on board, since nothing has been issued yet on credit cards or reduction in total amount due, as this was announced before final payment date for our sailing. But, we all know what assuming means...:) Hopefully someone who has recently sailed the Western itinerary can say for sure.

Christine

Archived