How is Interior Cabin E717 on Coral Princess?

travelplus

I was just assigned our cabin for the Panama Cruise leaving on Sunday. We are in Category IE E717 on the Emerald Deck. I know its by a laundromat but it seems like its not much of an issue as they don't keep it open 24/7.

Is this cabin larger than the other cabins as there is no cabin to the right of it as the laudnromat is to the left? On the other side there are cabins on both sides.

Its close enough to the lifts and other main areas of the ship. Overall is this a good cabin/location?

I looked at the Deck Plan but would like your opinions.

Thanks

I think the cabin is in an excellent location. When I did the panama on Coral I had one of these cabins too. Every morning I would get up and walk only a few steps to the fabulous balcony that runs across the whole back of the Emerald deck . Spent lots of time there during the transit through the locks as it seems so close you could almost touch the sides.

I did not mind the walk to the public areas as walking is a good way to keep the extra pounds off. I think we were in E728 so I don't know about noise from the laundry but I know we used it! I would be very happy to be in this cabin.

Have fun, it is a wonderful cruise.

I think the cabin is in an excellent location. When I did the panama on Coral I had one of these cabins too. Every morning I would get up and walk only a few steps to the fabulous balcony that runs across the whole back of the Emerald deck . Spent lots of time there during the transit through the locks as it seems so close you could almost touch the sides.

I did not mind the walk to the public areas as walking is a good way to keep the extra pounds off. I think we were in E728 so I don't know about noise from the laundry but I know we used it! I would be very happy to be in this cabin.

Have fun, it is a wonderful cruise.

Thanks so much Molly. I like the idea of going to the Balcony(not many people even know its there I bet) during the cruise. I read here on Cruise Critic about the "Crew Only Door" but it really opens out onto the balcony. Now only if I could get some Lounge Chairs out there that would be bliss.

Are the interior cabins a good size?

I don't mind walking and we are close enough to the elevators, public ares etc.

I shared the cabin with my friend and we had twin beds. It was our first time in an inside but the price was fabulous so we thought we would give it a try. I found the room was ok size-wise, there is a desk and one chair. Plus, we thought that big deck would be a bonus and it was. The special crew doors are at the front of the ship and they unlocked them on canal day and you can walk the length of the ship and get a view from there too.

Unfortunately, with the renovation they are doing to the Coral (I think in early 2016 but not sure) these big shared balconies will be made into cabins.

Take advantage while you can!

Edited by molly2kit

We had this cabin on our Panama Canal cruise a few weeks ago and absolutely loved the cabin and location! There is zero noise from the Laundromat - we never heard any noise at all. There is a cabin next door (E719) however the space in between must be storage or something but it was also totally quiet.

The cabin is a great location and only a short walk to the atrium - we would have no hesitation in booking this cabin again on the Coral.

We loved the location as we could walk to the back deck and it was like having our own private balcony - minus any loungers. We loved being out there as rarely did anyone else come out there. Deck 10 also has the rear viewing - along with loungers and it is also a great place to watch sail aways.

You will love the cruise - it was one of our favorites!!!