Pirate Republic Craft Beer

elainmir

I'm an old beer snob from way back...I love craft beer...I wanted desperately to tour the Sands beer brewery in Freeport but it didn't happen..we had a medical emergency on board our cruise so we had less than 3 hours in port. Maybe next time..we did sample Sands beer we bought but some were out of stock in bars at the straw market so we only got the Bush Crack, the Sands regular and light..but when we got to Nassau we stumbled on this store called Pirate Republic on the back street closest to the water to the straw market..they make craft beer in the Bahamas their IPA was AWESOME...so if you are a beer lover..get in there and check them out...loved their store...beer was GREAT!:D

• 5 months later...

This place is definitely worth a stop, but I wasn't impressed with their IPA. ;) While it is quite hoppy, the hops they use aren't my favorite. They add more of a pepper spice than a citrus one... but, to each their own.

The real problem with this place is their prices! Four 12oz. glasses cost more than $20... but, that's nothing compared to their baseball cap. It was more than $50!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice to see someone post about this brewery! My husband found them while searching for places to stop in Nassau. This will probably be our first stop when we get there in Nov. =) Cheers!

Edited by dividedsky

• 2 weeks later...

We are stopping here on our upcoming cruise and it just so happens we port in Nassau on our anniversary so DH very happy we are going here to celebrate. Looking forward to it after a day on the beach. They have a website for those who are interested in checking them out and they are on FB.

• 3 weeks later...

Stopped here coming back from Tiki Bikini Hut(buzz was wearing off), they had a Porter that my wife loved, and I had the IPA, along with some kind of Ale. All very good. The younger gent behind the bar is several generations Bahamaian, which suprised us. Cool place if you need to get your buzz or beer on before heading back aboard. Steep prices, but hey its original and its the island Free Wifi. Cheers.

Stopped here coming back from Tiki Bikini Hut(buzz was wearing off), they had a Porter that my wife loved, and I had the IPA, along with some kind of Ale. All very good. The younger gent behind the bar is several generations Bahamaian, which suprised us. Cool place if you need to get your buzz or beer on before heading back aboard. Steep prices, but hey its original and its the island Free Wifi. Cheers.

Care to comment on the price of a pint? Need to know how much cash to bring when I go there.

Thanks.