Kayak to Lake that glows?

CruiserRDH

I would like to kayak at dusk into a lake that is the southernmost point of the Bermuda Triangle. Apparently, the water has phosphorous in it that makes everything glow in the evening. Does anyone have any information on this? A friend of mine did this 2 years ago.

I don't think there is a "lake" trip for the bioluminescent tour. However, I think you should click on the Fajardo V Vieques thread below this one..... it is comparing two kayak trips to the lagoon at Fajardo (bio tour) to the one at Vieques (also bio tour) which is an island off Puerto Rico. I have not been there but in all my research these are the only 2 I have heard of.... hope you find what you are looking for......

goto biobay.com while this is only one location.. there are several in san juan. from the port... these are a long drive to get to. the closest, from my research is a 90 minute bus ride... and the moon must not be full, the sky must be black to see.... becuse of the time restraints, if you're not staying on land that night.... you'll really need to book the ship excursion due to the tight time frame.... hope this helps.... it looks magnificient!

• 1 month later...

It's amazing that noone has ever mentioned the most fantastic bio-luminescent experience in Puerto Rico, located in 'La Parguera' near Lajas, headed towards the western side of the island, and that one includes ships which permit you to look through glass bottoms! Surely if you're in P.R. for more than one day, that's an awesome possiblity!!

Archived