Ultimate Drink Package question

Does Carnival make ANY exceptions to "everyone in the cabin has to buy it" even if not everyone wants it?

My DD has a medical issue and cannot drink because of it. Will Carnival allow me and my other daughter to get the drink package or would they mandate that we would all have to get it?

Thanks

There are NO exceptions. They tried to force my pregnant sister in law to purchase it, even though they had all appropriate documentation from her doctor stating she was pregnant. They ended up not purchasing it at all, and barely spent money on board for drinks as a result. They'd have made out better letting him buy it, and leave her out. I do however understand why they do it, because while some people are legitimately unable to drink, people would abuse the system to get around it and share.

You can try this, although its not guaranteed to work.

My last cruise I was going to go solo but a girlfriend of mine really wanted to join me. I added her about a week and a half before sailing. On board, I went to the lido deck to sign us up for cheers(for people in the know, thats where you go to bypass the line in main) and the system listed me as the only passenger in the room. I was able to sign up without having her pay for cheers. This might have been a fluke, but in the end she insisted in getting cheers herself and ended up going to the CS desk to update my room info so she was able to purchase it as well... YMMV