solo meet and mingle question

so I am doing my first solo cruise also only my second cruise. My question, I am hesitant on going to a meet and mingle. I like to do my own thing and am a concerned that everyone wants to get together during the cruise. Can someone give some input on what happens during and after the meet and mingles?

What is the general feel and goal of the meet and mingle. I am not anti social and like to meet and talk to people I am just not looking for my new BBF if you know what I mean. The purpose of going solo is that I am on no one ones clock but my own and can be invisible if I choose?

Edited by made in canada
want to change the header

The meet and mingle is usually only held once during a cruise. I went solo, and met some nice people, including the one who put it together.

Part of the get together is to finalize the arrangements for private tours. It is kind of fun to put a face to the name.

But, you do not have to be BFF's with anyone.

Welcome to cruise critic.

I guess different people have different reasons for attending a Meet & Greet. My main reason is to meet in person, the people I have talked to on the Roll Call for months or a year or more.

I have never felt obligated to do things with the people after the get together. If there is an activity I am interested in I participate. If something doesn't, then I pass on it.

You can meet and mingle with your guests, and then its up to you if you want to continue the friendship. :) No pressure.

To be honest, I've gone to meet up with people for the meet and mingle on a few cruises, and no one else showed. So there is that. :D

I have gone to a couple meet and mingles, and as other said, no pressure. In many cases I never saw any of the people again after the meet and mingle. Every once and a while I might see someone and waive. No BFFs.