Star due in Santorini today

coco-girl

For a while there, she was going 19 knots - cooking!

Wonder if they'll test the tenders in Santorini.

After Santorini she's probably headed straight to Istanbul to pick up her very excited passengers. It's a long haul from there to Istanbul.

Update:

Last report: Apr 08, 2015 17:49 UTC

Ship type:Passenger Ship

Flag:Flag of Norway Norway

Destination:ISTANBUL

ETA:Apr 10, 03:00

Lat/Lon:36.24977 N/22.08922 E

Course/Speed: 116.2 ° / 18.1 kn.

Current draught: 6.4 m

CallsignLAIW6

IMO / MMSI:9650418 / 257903000

Maybe he's just taking it easy. After all, it's not a real cruise with 900 plus passengers who have their hearts set on seeing gorgeous Santorini! Maybe he said the heck with it, as he was only planning to stop there 8 to 2 anyway! With the tendering, donkeys/cable car, etc., in my opinion it's barely worth the time to stop there for less than a whole day....

I guess you maiden cruisers who are in or heading to Istanbul now can take the tram or a cab to the cruise port Friday to get a glimpse of her! If that ETA of 3 AM is UTC, that means she expects to arrive 6 AM Istanbul time. Wave at her for me. I still have 5 months to wait!

Maybe he's just taking it easy. After all, it's not a real cruise with 900 plus passengers who have their hearts set on seeing gorgeous Santorini! Maybe he said the heck with it, as he was only planning to stop there 8 to 2 anyway! With the tendering, donkeys/cable car, etc., in my opinion it's barely worth the time to stop there for less than a whole day....

Plus, the weather's pretty nasty around there right now, rain squalls and 40 mph winds...

Plus, the weather's pretty nasty around there right now, rain squalls and 40 mph winds...

Ugh - not nice to hear. I'd be heading straight up to Istanbul myself! Of course, maybe they got a request for the press to be allowed on board in Istanbul, so Captain S was asked to bring the ship in a day early! I can't complain - I'd love another look inside Star if someone can find another video!

Too bad she's expected in at 6 AM Istanbul time (3 UTC). Don't suppose anyone will be up then. It would be amazing to see her chug past the old part of the city on her way to the cruise dock! I just realized that not only have I never been on a maiden voyage, I've also never been able to photograph a cruise ship ship I've been on as she comes in to dock!

You guys have a wonderful time! I'll be "watching" you chug around on Marine Traffic as you do "my" trip in reverse. Save some waffles for me, and keep 3024 unscuffed and clean for me!

Edited by roothy123