Costa Quality and Value

Conte Biancomano

Now this is mainly out of curiousity, since after my recent cruise on Carnival Liberty, I am not in a rush to try out Carnival Corp productions soon (I'm not saying I never will again or I refuse, just no longer a priority), but I have heard many complaints that the quality and Italian atmosphere of Costa has declined since Carnival bought them, more so lately. In fact, I haven't really heard much positive or promising about their product. The very slightly modified Destiny and Conquest class ships seem interesting, and I often have a look at the Classica and Romantica in brochures and online, but I don't know if putting them on a "to do" list is a good idea. Aside from the potential increase in number of languages and smoking, how is the product- is it just Carnival with more iteneraries in Europe for a more European crowd or does it offer something worth going out of your way to experience?

I think you have a firm grasp on the reality of a Costa cruise. Very elegant, good itinerary, poor service, and a smoke filled environment (even in elevators!). The bright star is the dinning room, both the service and the fare. The buffet is a disaster, and the activities are fair. The Officer staff could not care less about you or your issues. Do yourself a favor, cruise elsewhere. :cool:

I totally disagree. Could not fault their service and the buffet is excellent. No problem with smoke on either of the Costa cruises I have done in the last year either. I have only been in the Med - there seems to be more criticism about the Caribbean.

Now this is mainly out of curiousity, since after my recent cruise on Carnival Liberty, I am not in a rush to try out Carnival Corp productions soon (I'm not saying I never will again or I refuse, just no longer a priority), but I have heard many complaints that the quality and Italian atmosphere of Costa has declined since Carnival bought them, more so lately. In fact, I haven't really heard much positive or promising about their product. The very slightly modified Destiny and Conquest class ships seem interesting, and I often have a look at the Classica and Romantica in brochures and online, but I don't know if putting them on a "to do" list is a good idea. Aside from the potential increase in number of languages and smoking, how is the product- is it just Carnival with more iteneraries in Europe for a more European crowd or does it offer something worth going out of your way to experience?

I LIKE COSTA,BUT PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT,SO YOU WILL BE GETTING ALL DIFFERENT COMENTS.BUT AS MY BEST FRIEND TOLD ME ONCE(AND HE HAD MORE THAN 30 CRUISES WITH DIFFERENT CRUISE LINES)ITS NOT A CRUISE LINE IT'S A CRUISE DIRECTOR AND A MAIN COOK.!)))

Quote:

I think you have a firm grasp on the reality of a Costa cruise. Very elegant, good itinerary, poor service, and a smoke filled environment (even in elevators!). The bright star is the dinning room, both the service and the fare. The buffet is a disaster, and the activities are fair. The Officer staff could not care less about you or your issues. Do yourself a favor, cruise elsewhere. :cool:

I tottaly disagree: ( Mediterranien cruise,,Costa Magica)

Service : excellent

Buffet: excellent

Smoke?? *shakes head*

Archived