SF motel with cruise parking?

jasbo49

Does anyone know whether there's a hotel/motel in the San Francisco area that offers free parking to people who stay before a cruise? I'm sure there are still stay-and-park places near the airport, but I expect that's a long, expensive ride into Pier 27, right?

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Jim

the airport hotels are it. take a shuttle back to airport and take bart, if you can handle your bags. there is no free parking any where near the port. there is also no need for bargains to attract visitors.

I have seen hotels in Oyster Point area. Are there shuttles to the cruise port from that area?

No.

Oyster Point is in South San Francisco and is closer to the airport than the City.

SFO is about 12 miles south of the city limits :cool:

in the flightpath of sfo...if you stay there, just make a reservation for supershuttle..to take you to cruise port. don't waste time trying to find a free one. the airport is the only area with parking bargains.

in the flightpath of sfo...if you stay there, just make a reservation for supershuttle..to take you to cruise port. don't waste time trying to find a free one. the airport is the only area with parking bargains.

Thanks. That sounds like the reasonable way to go.

Jim

No.

Oyster Point is in South San Francisco and is closer to the airport than the City.

SFO is about 12 miles south of the city limits :cool:

Are you telling me that at 12 miles away, there is no transportation to the port? I don't want to take BART with all our bags, etc.

I wasn't after a free ride, just wanted to know if transportation was available from the oyster point area. Hotels are 1/2 priced there, and close to the airport after arriving in the evening.

I have seen where oyster point is located on a map , that is why I asked the question.!

Edited by bananawindnj

Are you telling me that at 12 miles away, there is no transportation to the port? I don't want to take BART with all our bags, etc.

I wasn't after a free ride, just wanted to know if transportation was available from the oyster point area. Hotels are 1/2 priced there, and close to the airport after arriving in the evening.

I have seen where oyster point is located on a map , that is why I asked the question.!

Taxi, (Super)shuttle, Lyft/Uber, hired limo, friend of a friend. Maybe the hotel can do something for you.

Our "city leaders" would prefer that you take public transportation (BART/Muni) to the terminal, better for the environment :rolleyes:

There was a review that one of the Princesses was in port for a day and not a single taxi was lined up outside the terminal until late in the morning :eek:

Taxi, (Super)shuttle, Lyft/Uber, hired limo, friend of a friend. Maybe the hotel can do something for you.

Our "city leaders" would prefer that you take public transportation (BART/Muni) to the terminal, better for the environment :rolleyes:

There was a review that one of the Princesses was in port for a day and not a single taxi was lined up outside the terminal until late in the morning :eek:

Thanks, That is very encouraging. I guess I will book a hotel in the Marina District, just to be closer to the port., as it is not too expensive. Hopefully a taxi will drive by. A prius I am sure.

Most likely :) SF requires the taxi fleet to be at least 80% fuel efficient, and only hybrid cars can meet the specs :cool:

Cool. So the old "Driver, follow that cab" routine becomes a fairly comical version of the Tortoise vs. the Tortoise.

Jim

there are hotels and businesses in oyster point. it would be no big deal for the hotel to call you a taxi...one could come from the airport in less than 5 minutes. you can also order a super shuttle.

it may take the same time from oyster point to pier 27 as it would from marina district with traffic. depends on traffic and time of day. oyster point is right off hiway 101 just north of the airport.

there are hotels and businesses in oyster point. it would be no big deal for the hotel to call you a taxi...one could come from the airport in less than 5 minutes. you can also order a super shuttle.

it may take the same time from oyster point to pier 27 as it would from marina district with traffic. depends on traffic and time of day. oyster point is right off hiway 101 just north of the airport.

It Figures, I just booked a place in the Marina District assuming it was really close and a quick ride.

This is a reason we avoid this port. Vancouver offers a few that not only are clean and cost wise. They offer stay/transfer/park for around 190 Canadian. Just a thought to ponder.

I went on a cruise last year from Vancouver. Much higher airfare, had to make 1 layover stop each way., which added travel time a lot, and we almost missed the next flight on the way home , at the Toronto airport, due to US customs, which added time. I would go to Seattle rather than Vancouver now.

San Fran non stop from Philly. Cheaper flight also. That's what I pondered for this cruise to Hawaii!

from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by bananawindnj