Seattle Advice

ExilePA

Um, QuickCoach does serve Canada Place pier directly during the cruise season. Their website doesn't show that now, as the only the schedule through May 8 is posted.

Might want to let local folks who might know the details answer the questions, Colorado.

Jees, you don't have to be an ass about it. I found some info that looked like it might be helpful, so I replied with it. If you want to add to it or even correct something, fine, but you could at least try to be nice about it, Washington State.

Edited by dbsb3233

We were faced with nearly the same dilemna for our July cruise. Downtown hotels were damn expensive, while Sea-Tac hotels are half the price (or less). So we opted just to fly in another day early and spend 2 nights in hotel for the same price. We did choose a little nicer hotel than the cheapest ones (Cedarbrook Lodge) for $170/ni + tax (AARP rate). Our flight arrives 2:45pm and we'll just take their free shuttle to the hotel and relax around the grounds that evening. In the morning we're light railing it to downtown (a mere $1 senior fare). Doing a Pike Place Food Tour, monorail to Space Needle/Cihuly, free time for shopping/misc, and then dinner before heading back to the hotel. Then in the morning we relax before catching the Seattle Express ($12pp) shuttle to Pier 91 (then the same shuttle service to Sea-Tac after the cruise).

We have an older senior with us that we don't want to push very hard with walking and luggage, so this looks like a pretty good balance between price, time, personal preference, etc.

YOU will love the Cedarbrook, it was initially built as a leadership center for a big bank influenced by Boeing's leadership center, the rooms are lovely, each "lodge" [building of a group of rooms] has it's own living room with a refrigerator with freebees [water, ice cream, snacks] Beautiful buildings, very northwest in design, walking trails with fountains on the property, and a 4 star restaurant. This is the safest hotel in the SeaTac area. Simply Lovely! I have stayed here a couple of times.

Have you tried the Arctic Club Doubletree (this is also a Hilton property)? It's closer to Pioneer Square, but only a block away from the light rail. We are staying there prior to our May cruise and I got the room for $179 a night.

Given it's location, we can take the light trail from SeaTac and save on cab fare, plus from what I've read it's a really easy, short commute to the Market and Space Needle.

Great Location . . make sure that you get them to let you see the Arctic Dome ballroom, it is simply incredible! The building was originally a men's club. . in fact, the little room that the valet parking guys utilize was the door that they let the "ladies" wink wink enter into the building.

YOU will love the Cedarbrook, it was initially built as a leadership center for a big bank influenced by Boeing's leadership center, the rooms are lovely, each "lodge" [building of a group of rooms] has it's own living room with a refrigerator with freebees [water, ice cream, snacks] Beautiful buildings, very northwest in design, walking trails with fountains on the property, and a 4 star restaurant. This is the safest hotel in the SeaTac area. Simply Lovely! I have stayed here a couple of times.

Sounds cool! I'd read similar reviews at TA, so it sounded like worth spending a little more. On the July dates we'll be there, at $170/ni it was about $50 more than places like Sleep Inn, but still half the price of the downtown hotels that wanted well over $300/ni.

I'm glad I booked it when I did. I just checked again out of curiosity... that $170/ni AARP rate I got for 2 rooms is showing $269/ni to book it now. Wow, that's a huge jump.

You can take the train or bus from Seattle. You don't say which cruise line you are on. Many have bus transportation from Seattle to Vancouver but that probably wouldn't work since you want to stay for a few days prior to your cruise. Enjoy your cruise.

Question about the restaurants(s) at Cedarbrook... Looking at the menus on their website, I see the dinner menu plus a separate menu for "Lounge Food". The dinner menu is a tad pricey, but the lounge menu looks more reasonable for a basic meal...

http://www.cedarbrooklodge.com/copperleaf_bar_food_menu.php

Is served in that tall atrium area I see in the pictures? Is it enough for an actual meal or is it more just appetizer size?