Promanade cabins

• 2 weeks later...

WE Loved our promenade room. Enjoying the parades and people watching was a lot of fun.

Noise was NOT a problem.

LIGHTS on all night were a bit distracting, just close the curtains. We took some clothespins and that helped seal the sliver of light that came through the curtain.

Also- PEOPLE CAN SEE IN YOUR WINDOWS. They are not tinted. WE had a lovely view of people in their PJS across the promenade. We made sure to close the curtains before undressing!

Edited by Dinkachu

WE Loved our promenade room. Enjoying the parades and people watching was a lot of fun.

Noise was NOT a problem.

LIGHTS on all night were a bit distracting, just close the curtains. We took some clothespins and that helped seal the sliver of light that came through the curtain.

Also- PEOPLE CAN SEE IN YOUR WINDOWS. They are not tinted. WE had a lovely view of people in their PJS across the promenade. We made sure to close the curtains before undressing!

I concur. We loved our promenade room and have booked another for our next cruise. Even picked deck 6 to be closer for parade viewing. Here's a fun story.

First evening. Late dinner time so around 4 our son goes down to Windjammer and picks us up sushi and other snacks. We're eating by the window and look out to see the people in the cabin opposite seeing us eating so we hold up the sushi and they are nodding. Our son figures out what their cabin number probably is and phones over. We can see them pick up the phone. He tells them to head to Windjammer. We see them take off and return in a short while with laden plates and they give us a thumbs up. Some people might be really turned off by this. But we found it to be great fun and love telling the story. Never actually saw the people in person but still felt a connection. But do remember to close your curtains as needed.

Edited by Paddy41

My family is used to pitch black when we turn out the lights in our inside cabin.

We have a promenade stateroom for our next cruise. Will any light get through at night with the curtains closed?

My family is used to pitch black when we turn out the lights in our inside cabin.

We have a promenade stateroom for our next cruise. Will any light get through at night with the curtains closed?

I am used to sleep in the pitch black too and light was never an issue when I sailed in a promenade, but remember to completely close your curtains. No light at night, since they dim the lights on the promenade, and not too much light in the mornings. I wouldn't worry too much. Have a great cruise

Cindy