Favorite activities on the ship

Perez1992

I will be cruising on the triumph in October and it is my first carnival cruise in five years and I don't remember too much from the last one.

What is everyone's favorite things to do on a carnival ship I would like to know to help me come up with things I want to do with my boyfriend [emoji4]

Personally I love going to trivia during the day. Even if I know I will lose its still fun to go and learn some things while having a drink because for the most part it's light hearted and usually humorous if the right staff member is hosting it. It can also be frustrating when people are cheating or if it's something you really don't care about, for example I really dislike Disney trivia.

Also the different games and challenges played(usually in between trivia) can be a lot of fun.

Comedians are hit or miss but worth going to because the do different sets on the nights they preform.

I also really love a long nap on the first sea day after lunch and exploring the ship.

If you have a balcony I'd plan to spend a lot of time out there as its really peaceful. Even if it's raining as long as you're covered and not getting wet it's great to just relax out there.

People Watching. DH and I always bring travel games with us. We usually find some place to sit and just watch the people as we play. It is totally amazing what people will say and do on a cruise ship. We have had many good laughs and total DAH moments just watching.

One of our best was we were sitting in one of the lounges relaxing one sea day. There was this older "lady" in front of us in a brightly colored moomoo. When "she" got up to leave we realized it was a man in his wife's clothes. Boy were we shocked. We were not the only ones. Found out later he had fallen asleep in the sun and gotten a bad sun burn. So bad he could not wear pants or shorts. Just makes me chuckle thinking about it today.

Personally I love going to trivia during the day. Even if I know I will lose its still fun to go and learn some things while having a drink because for the most part it's light hearted and usually humorous if the right staff member is hosting it. It can also be frustrating when people are cheating or if it's something you really don't care about, for example I really dislike Disney trivia.

Also the different games and challenges played(usually in between trivia) can be a lot of fun.

Comedians are hit or miss but worth going to because the do different sets on the nights they preform.

I also really love a long nap on the first sea day after lunch and exploring the ship.

If you have a balcony I'd plan to spend a lot of time out there as its really peaceful. Even if it's raining as long as you're covered and not getting wet it's great to just relax out there.

I won Disney trivia on the Disney cruise line but I am a super Disney addict [emoji12] , thanks for your help!

People Watching. DH and I always bring travel games with us. We usually find some place to sit and just watch the people as we play. It is totally amazing what people will say and do on a cruise ship. We have had many good laughs and total DAH moments just watching.

One of our best was we were sitting in one of the lounges relaxing one sea day. There was this older "lady" in front of us in a brightly colored moomoo. When "she" got up to leave we realized it was a man in his wife's clothes. Boy were we shocked. We were not the only ones. Found out later he had fallen asleep in the sun and gotten a bad sun burn. So bad he could not wear pants or shorts. Just makes me chuckle thinking about it today.

That is hilarious people really should wear sunblock!!

Are you kidding? There is soooo much to do onboard...

Trivia (Animal, Movie, Sports, music, general knowledge, etc.)

Game shows

Karaoke

Liquor tasting

art auction

Bingo every day

Cooking Demo

Mixologist Competition

Hairy Chest contest

Miss Carnival contest

Seminars in the spa (look ten years younger before you leave the cruise, acupuncture, healthy living, etc.)

Tanzanite and Diamond sales, giveaways

Comedy Shows (both family-friendly and R-rated)

Magic Shows

Sudoku competition

Arcade

Slots & Black Jack Tournaments

Bridge and other card games

Mini golf and basketball

Dance Lessons

Towel-folding demonstration and lessons

future cruise seminar

Ice Carving Demo

Digital Scavenger Hunt

Movies at night on the big Lido Screen

and so much food!

Here's hoping you have a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

Edited by forwardcabin

Are you kidding? There is soooo much to do onboard...

Trivia (Animal, Movie, Sports, music, general knowledge, etc.)

Game shows

Karaoke

Liquor tasting

art auction

Bingo every day

Cooking Demo

Mixologist Competition

Hairy Chest contest

Miss Carnival contest

Seminars in the spa (look ten years younger before you leave the cruise, acupuncture, healthy living, etc.)

Tanzanite and Diamond sales, giveaways

Comedy Shows (both family-friendly and R-rated)

Magic Shows

Sudoku competition

Arcade

Slots & Black Jack Tournaments

Bridge and other card games

Mini golf and basketball

Dance Lessons

Towel-folding demonstration and lessons

future cruise seminar

Ice Carving Demo

Digital Scavenger Hunt

Movies at night on the big Lido Screen

and so much food!

Here's hoping you have a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

Cool thanks a lot of that sounds fun

We love the trivia, the game shows, we really like the comedy shows...honestly there is so much to do!

People post fun times on these boards all the time so if you search for them you may find some that are useful to you too!

Join your CC roll call for this cruise. You never know what else your fellow passengers may create for activities--meet and greet, cabin crawl, slot pull, etc. It can be really fun meeting others this way and give you some things to do on the first sea day!

What is a cabin crawl or slot pull I don't know what those are

A cabin crawl is when people open up their cabins for all (registered in the cabin crawl) to see. This is a great way to see what the other category of cabins are in case you are wanting to book one in the future.

A slot pull is when a group pool their $ and put it all into one previously chosen machine. Everyone takes turns pulling and evenly splits the winnings, should there be any.

Both are a fun way to get to know the people on your roll call. Highly recommended.

On our last cabin crawl on Carnival Magic, the group chose to wear black shirts with yellow leis (so we would all recognize each other) and most of the cabin hosts offered snacks and shots (hence the term "crawl" by the time we made it around to all the cabins). It was so much fun and some in the group kept in touch and arranged other impromptu get-togethers (like at Red Frog Pub and other venues) throughout the cruise.

DSC05909_zpse90a699c.jpg

I will be cruising on the triumph in October and it is my first carnival cruise in five years and I don't remember too much from the last one.

What is everyone's favorite things to do on a carnival ship I would like to know to help me come up with things I want to do with my boyfriend [emoji4]

Slot tournament--its on a sea day. And sea day brunch.

Edited by winddawn

Just booked 10/5 cruise on Triumph today. This willbe our 4th family cruise but my BFF and her family are going with us this time.

Sleep in, order room service, attend a sea day brunch, play a penny slot machine, watch a Dive-In movie, go out on the lobby deck and watch the flying fish, go watch people on the Lido deck, comedy shows, bring cards of your own or play board games. . . it's an endless list of things to do.

Enjoy!

Just booked 10/5 cruise on Triumph today. This willbe our 4th family cruise but my BFF and her family are going with us this time.

Sleep in, order room service, attend a sea day brunch, play a penny slot machine, watch a Dive-In movie, go out on the lobby deck and watch the flying fish, go watch people on the Lido deck, comedy shows, bring cards of your own or play board games. . . it's an endless list of things to do.

Enjoy!

We are on the same ship 5 days after you isn't that funny ? I love the idea of playing bingo, going to brunch, watching a dive in movie or 5 , movies are my boyfriend and my favorite activity, also I am hoping to be proposed to on this trip !!

This is a Sunday evening cheer up on CC tonight....I loved that group picture and everyone's ideas.

Here is what I am going to do...LOL..planning way ahead..

Chef's table or steakhouse.

Deck or balcony stargazing.

Dancing in disco to our era..LOL.

Karaoke...

A round table with all kinds of guests...singles and couples for half of the dining room meals, table for two half...payback and paying forward for all the people that have made all my vacations ship or otherwise....as a solo. Seeing one young kid who was having less than a stellar time last cruise picked for working out by a sweet couple and helping him make connection with single gals his age who had noticed him before was on of my best times of last cruise on Spirit.

Couple Spa experience...same time massages...if he wants if not...spa for me...

Movie or concert on the ship..love that...wherever it is...

The cleaner Gym hot tub or thalossotherapy pools and saunas on ships that have it.

Dressing up on dress nights and walking the deck.

The shows and comedy and music listening...

Room service...