Summer 7-Day Mexican Riveria Cruises

SunDevil77

The Navigator is being scheduled to come to the West Coast in 2007-- The dates are still being worked on as is the itinerary for the Repo (around South America). Until this happens, there won't be any 7 day Mex cruises as the Vision heads up to Alaska.

I'm not sure if RCI will leave the Nav here all year, or repo her to Alaska in the summer like they do with the Vision.

RDeagazio---your knowledge is always a plus on the boards. Especially for us West Coasters. Thanks.

Do you really think the Navigator would come our way? I would love taking a South American cruise onboard the NV!!

Honestly, what's your thoughts? Move the ship empty...and "remodel" it for the West Coast? You never know RCCL. If the Freedom's wave pool is a huge hit....they might take 2 months while bringing it over and adding it. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about :)

Thanks again for your helpful advice.

Enyaw,

The plan is for the NV to offer a repo cruise, or cruises broken up into segments. I wish they would hurry up and get the itinerary put together as I would love to sail with her back to California.

I would expect them to release the details by the middle of 2006, but it could be later depending on when in 2007 they actually plan on moving her our way.

As soon as I find out more, you can be sure I'll post something.

Enyaw,

The plan is for the NV to offer a repo cruise, or cruises broken up into segments. I wish they would hurry up and get the itinerary put together as I would love to sail with her back to California.

I would expect them to release the details by the middle of 2006, but it could be later depending on when in 2007 they actually plan on moving her our way.

As soon as I find out more, you can be sure I'll post something.

Thanks, Bob,

Hopefully DH and I will be joining you on that trip! :D We are also anxiously waiting for them to get the itinerary together. It will require quite a bit of advance planning to make arrangements to go on a cruise of that length and expense.

elleluv

Add us to that list too--maybe they will release the itinerary around the time we sail next summer and we can book while onboard her. Three voyages on same ship isn't too repetitive as long as having great time, right? ;)

Yes, once in a while they bring the Legend out here to sail out of San Diego to the Mexican Riveria during the summer. We did that in 2004. I know our sailing was a full ship, so not sure why they don't do it more often. I believe Celebrity sails out of San Diego during the summer though.

Mike

Nope, Celebrity doesn't sail out of SD during Summer either, because the Mercury that is here from October to April heads up to Alaska with all the rest. Would love for a ship, any ship, to go out of our home port during the Summer months, but Alaska is more of a draw in the short run for them, so off they go, leaving us high and dry for Summer to Mexican Riviera.

As soon as I hear more info on the Navigator's repo cruise to LAX I'll let everyone know.. I wouldn't mind doing the entire cruise around, but will most likely have to settle for one of the shorter segments.

I'll be meeting my RCI Sales Rep on the Monarch in San Diego on Tuesday as I'm taking a few clients on a ship tour and luncheon. I'll also be seeing her again on Oct. 2nd when we take 40 fellow Cruise Critic West Coasters on a ship tour and onboard lunch on the Vision.. If there are any other CCers out there interested in joining us.. post your email address here and I'll send you all the info.

Hi Bob,

Enjoyed reading your posts. We are from the Napa Valley, north of SF. Would be great to be included in some West Coast CC happenings. Noticed on your list of future cruises that you are on the Brilliance 6/16/16 Med. cruise. We are on that cruise also and have a great group of people communicating on the Roll Call board for that cruise. You might want to post a greeting in the roll call board as you seem very knowledgable and willing to share info. We are Kathi and David (our two teenage daughters will be joining us) and are really looking forward to the cruise.

KathiB

thedovey@napnet.net

Hi KathiB,

I'll email you regarding the Brilliance Med cruise next June. There will be 13 of us including 1 teenage girl who might have fun with your girls. She'll be 17 when we cruise.

As for the West Coast CC event.. I know it's far for you, but there are 40 of us who are meeting on Oct. 2nd for an onboard tour and lunch aboard the Vision of the Seas.. we'll need to meet at the San Pedro terminal around 11am and will have an hour onboard before they begin boarding the regular passengers.. during that time we'll get to see all the different cabins from the Royal Suite down to the smallest inside.. then we're off to the main dining room for a nice lunch complete with wine. After lunch everyone is free to explore the public areas on their own until 3pm when we must leave the ship.

After the tour/lunch we're going to find a restaurant at Port O'Call Village and continue the party until the ships sails.

I'll email you the info and if you're up for a drive down "South" we'd love to have you join us.

I'm not sure if RCI will leave the Nav here all year, or repo her to Alaska in the summer like they do with the Vision.

It was my understanding that the Radiance class is the largest that can do the inside passage, so I can't imagine the Navigator going to Alaska. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

If the Nav comes to So Cal in Summer 2007, I'm on her!:D

Barb

Archived