Balcony on wheelchair access cabins

bobbyoscar

We are due to go on our first Celebrity Cruise ( 2nd overall cruise) in August to the Baltic on Eclipse.

We are booked into disabled cabin 1028, does anyone have any experience of what the ramp is like to get onto the balcony?

The reason I ask is that we had a disabled cabin with balcony last year (different company) but the ramp was so steep that it was very difficult to get from the balcony back into the room without fear of the chair tipping back.

Thank you.

The S class ships have a gently sloped ramp enabling good use of balcony. Most all of the doors through out ship can be automatically opened too. The staff is very helpful with the occasional steep ramp getting on and off the ship. Hi/low tide affects the angle of gangway ramps. I hope you have a great time!

The plush carpet on ships can wear you out so I rent a power wheelchair through Care Vacations. They will deliver it to your cabin and you just leave it there when leaving ship. It is so convenient and saves your shoulders for the port visits. I use my own manual chair for most ports but twice I've taken power chair off ship when just going shopping in port area.

Edited by still-learning

The plush carpet on ships can wear you out so I rent a power wheelchair through Care Vacations. They will deliver it to your cabin and you just leave it there when leaving ship. It is so convenient and saves your shoulders for the port visits. I use my own manual chair for most ports but twice I've taken power chair off ship when just going shopping in port area.
Good point! When using a manual wheel chair, we have found it best to book a cabin close to the elevators.

Then instead of trying to maneuver across the carpeted stateroom decks, you can take the elevator up or down to a public deck that has a hard floor and go across the ship there, where it is much easier.