On the Breakaway....ask away

BrPanthers99

Hot tubs are definitely heated to around 100 deg. F just like the rest of the fleet, steam rising the few times we walked by on a chilly morning, so not to worry. The 2 pools should be heated o around 80 deg. but we never go into the ship's pool - otherwise, they can't run those water slides - others can reaffirm this. I'm reasonably comfortable in saying that the kids will be fine playing or else we would be reading about it here on CC first since the BA is catered to/designed for the NY market.

I do missed the older ship's NAV-Info Channel as it always provide a live update of weather forecast & pool temperature, by locations as we sail - the BA's NAV-Ship channel displays are often blank or missing the data.

send from my Google Nexus 5/7 MD via Tapatalk

Hot tubs are definitely heated to around 100 deg. F just like the rest of the fleet, steam rising the few times we walked by on a chilly morning, so not to worry. The 2 pools should be heated o around 80 deg. but we never go into the ship's pool - otherwise, they can't run those water slides - others can reaffirm this. I'm reasonably comfortable in saying that the kids will be fine playing or else we would be reading about it here on CC first since the BA is catered to/designed for the NY market.

I do missed the older ship's NAV-Info Channel as it always provide a live update of weather forecast & pool temperature, by locations as we sail - the BA's NAV-Ship channel displays are often blank or missing the data.

send from my Google Nexus 5/7 MD via Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. I don't understand, were the slides closed? We aren't bringing kids, my 35 year old wife and I just hope to act like kids :)

Well that can't be good for my cholesterol. I rarely drink but with ubp I foresee a lot of intoxicated trips to the hot dog guy

From what I remember there are only two locations where they are....

and they both have different hours that they're open. Check your freestyle dailies for times.

Harriet

Thanks for the info. I don't understand, were the slides closed? We aren't bringing kids, my 35 year old wife and I just hope to act like kids :)

The water slides aren't open all the time, the FS Dailies will list their scheduled open hours, weather permitting - on our last Sea Day, everything outdoor were closed due to wind/rain & temp's in 40's on our way back to NY (50+ miles off the coast of the Carolinas) and even Ocean 6-7-8 outdoors were locked for safety reasons.

The hot tubs are more civilized while at sea from what we can see, the pools can be packed like a bath house, standing room only - LOL.

Here is the hot dog cart, free & we saw it on our way to dinner at LeBistro - so we didn't bother to grab one (by the time we finished our meal, it had moved again) No line whatsoever in waiting except one person waiting for his ... last year, we saw the cart up on deck 15.

Edited by mking8288

Hot Dog stand has moved from where it was when I was in the Breakaway the first time. It is now inside next to Le Bistro.

Interesting...

I was on June 2013 and it was always located outside.....but at two different locations....at two different time schedules.

I wonder if they move it inside in the winter due to the weather leaving NY and returning to NY?

Harriet

• 2 weeks later...

Thx for taking time out to answer questions! I do know it is always a pleasure to talk about your passion! I will be on Breakaway soon and cannot find anywhere

whether on not bathrobes are provided in mini suites or any stateroom. Thx so much!