Marriott Beach Tower

rocks

Hi!

Wondering if it is as nice as most Marriotts & if anyone has stayed here lately.

I made this reservation (for 12/2) as a back-up in case I 'chicken-out' with trying Priceline. I would much rather stay at the Marriott Marina but since it is only for 1 night don't want to pay a lot. I got the Beach Tower for $150 which includes a $30.00 store/restaurant voucher.

Thanks in advance!

rocks

Since you mentioned Marina Marriott I'm assuming you're talking about Fort Lauderdale... Do you mean Marriott Harbor Beach, or Marriott's Beach Place Towers?

If you mean Marriott's Beach Place, it's a timeshare property, not like a "normal" hotel at all, and it's gotten very mixed reviews. The lower floors are quite noisy with all the open air bars/restaurants in the front. The location is nice though, across the street from the beach with many restaurants to walk to.

If your referring to the Marriott BeachPlace Towers, its one of their vacation club resorts. We stay there every year on the weekend of the Air Sea Show. We love the two bedroom villas with full kitchen, dining and living room. For us its perfect, sitting on the balcony watching the show.

For a night its ok. Its due for a refurb. Keep in mind its surrounded by a lot of bars so expect a lot of noise and pedestrian traffic in the area. It can get loud. Another downside -This property is currently experiencing construction on either side of the property. Guests may be subjected to dust and noise from 7 AM - 6 PM. Construction is expected to last from September 2003 - December 2006.

for the quick reply, Trent!

Yes, I did mean Ft. Lauderdale...and the Marriott Beach Place. I knew that it was also a Time Share place.

We will be getting to Ft. Lauderdale around 3pm & would like to take a walk on the beach, have diner, and then hit the sack so we are refreshed for the start of our cruise. Sure hope we don't have noise all night!

I'm so torn about whether or not to try Priceline...M. Marina, Hyatt 66, or Embassy Suites (in that order) would be my preference. Do you think Embassy Suites is nicer then M. Beach Place if we get a quiet room?

rocks

Embassy Suites rooms are being remodeled beginning this month, to be finished the first of the year. So I assume many will be done by the time you come in December, but I don't know how disruptive that project will be to the rest of the hotel.

Hyatt Pier 66 is in the middle of a major remodeling project at the moment as well.

I'm sure Marriott BeachPlace is fine for a night, I'd request a high floor though.

There are lots of restaurants within easy walking distance of both Embassy Suites and Beach Place, but if you wanted to go to the beach too you'd need a cab from Embassy Suites.

Renaissance is also a very nice (the newest, and IMO the nicest) SE 17th Street hotel that's a 4-star "downtown" on Priceline.

I'm not liking the noise part...would it still be noisy with the windows closed & air conditioning on?

When you say it is due for a refurb, do you mean it is run down w/old beds, ect.?

If Marriott Marina is a 10, Embassy Suites a 7, what would you rate BeachPlace Towers?

rocks

Rocks, by no means is it run down. I was there this past April/May for 4 days/3 nights for the air sea show. Just like the cruise ships, the corridor carpeting gets a little worn. Perhaps I was little too harsh in using the word "refurb". Its a Marriott and they do maintain high standards. In retrospect, I wouldn't think twice about staying there again(if fact, I've reserved the same suite for the 2006 show) . I love the activity from the street and bars, its part of the downtown "flavor". ;)

Archived