Upgrading, do they think we are stupid?

ahoymatey3

Hi all. Final payment is today for our 11/18 transatlantic on the millennium.

I saw 6136 had opened up. It is a CC on the penthouse deck, between 2 suites. Huge balcony. One of those 'secret cabings'

I called my TA about upgrading from my 2B. Silly me, I assumed the amount to upgrade would be the difference in price of 2B today and price of CC today. WRONG! They wanted the difference between what I paid for my 2B (price has went up 800$ since I booked) and what the CC is today. :eek:

Do I look/type stupid?

That is the shame of it. It is not from the price you paid but from the price they can sell both cabins at today, so if you got a really good deal on your orginal cabin, the difference can be significant. Hope you are pleased enough with your original cabin that it will not matter much to you.

Carol

If they can sell it to someone else at today's rates of course they would expect that from you as well. They're not stupid either.

How very astute of you :rolleyes:

They have many CCs left to sell, but no more 2Bs. I'm pretty sure it would get sold at the higher rate. And they would've generated goodwill with me along with it.

Yes, I'm happy with my cabin, it is one of the 2bs with a larger balcony also.

If they have "many" CCs to sell, you can try to upgrade with the pier coordinator when you board. The charge may not be as high then, if they still have an abundance of these cabins. Sometimes you may even get one for less than you would have paid beforehand. It's nothing personal...they don't think you're stupid. It's just business.:rolleyes:

Did the cabins available after final payment force the cruise ships hands and they do a sale on the cabins? so, ifw we who are already locked into a rate for a certian type of cabin, can we upgrade more easily and less costly?

I guess watch for the fire sale and then call Celebrity

Archived