Question for Anni or anyone else?

I looked at Anni's website and that was a wealth of knowledge so now it is just the decision time for routing....

I made a ressie to rent a car from Rostock on a Friday in July at 8am and then will return 6:30pm.

I was thinking of driving to Gustrow (just see the Palace from the outside, then to Ludwiglust to see the gardens and exterior mostly, then to Schwerin for outside, inside, lunch, etc Afterwards maybe a stop at Wismar.

Is that crazy? Will there be traffic in that order?

Another idea was to go to Wismar first and then to Schwerin and then back.

Any thoughts?

We love castles/cool medieval architecture, etc. so Wismar sounded amazing, Schwerin on the island seemed like a must do for us.

Jenn

Quote:

Originally Posted by Califonria cruiser viewpost.gif

I looked at Anni's website and that was a wealth of knowledge so now it is just the decision time for routing....

I made a ressie to rent a car from Rostock on a Friday in July at 8am and then will return 6:30pm.

I was thinking of driving to Gustrow (just see the Palace from the outside, then to Ludwiglust to see the gardens and exterior mostly, then to Schwerin for outside, inside, lunch, etc Afterwards maybe a stop at Wismar.

Is that crazy? Will there be traffic in that order?

Another idea was to go to Wismar first and then to Schwerin and then back.

Any thoughts?

We love castles/cool medieval architecture, etc. so Wismar sounded amazing, Schwerin on the island seemed like a must do for us.

Jenn

Hi Jenn, sounds like a good tour but maybe a tad ambitious :cool:

If you miss anything out in the planning it would have to be Güstrow as, of the four places, it is the least interesting.

The traffic will make no difference to the order in which you do the tour so I would be inclined to start with the furthest point, ie Ludwigslust (about 1.5 hours drive on main roads) and work back. Next drive to Schwerin, about (45 mins on minor roads) for lunch etc as planned and then to Wismar (about 35 mins) which means that you finish at the nearest place to your destination, Warnemünde. (about 45 mins).

If you do decide to come to Ludwigslust I would love to meet you and show you around. If you would like to do this please contact me on anniellis13@gmail.com I am not a 'guide' but I just love to show off my beautiful home town.

Happy planning :)

Anni

www.travelanni.webs.com

Thank you so much! I am also the type of person who loves the driving the furtherest out location first and then backtrack in so I am not stressed about the drive time.

Thank you for all the valuable info, you are such a gracious and generous person with your time!

You are lucky to live in such a beautiful area. I bet you know which are the "trick" fountains!!!

Jenn