Room assignment

bizzybmama

I just booked our cruise last Friday for an oceanview room on the Fantasy with my PVP at a great rate so I wasn't able to pick our room. Will I be able to see what room we are assigned before we board or is it going to be a surprise? :) I am just hoping it's a true ocean view and not on the bottom deck but at the price I got I wouldn't be surprised :p

If you booked a guarantee cabin usually you will find out your room assignment around 30 days prior to your cruise ,but thy can wait up until you board the cruise.Keep checking your booking prior to your cruise ,they won't send an e-mail letting you know when they assign your cabin.

We just booked this cruise on Saturday with an ocean view room to be assigned. The rep said to check 2-3 days before sailing. We checked yesterday and we have already been assigned a room. It is an ocean view room on deck 4 - the lowest deck for passengers. We did a cruise last October and it was on deck 5 with only 1 passenger deck below us. It was not a problem. We felt a little vibration when left a port for a few minutes but nothing more. We did a cruise a few years ago (another cruise line) and had a balcony room but it was directly under the basketball court. The noise and pounding from above was terrible but it was my fault for not checking our the floor plan before booking I think any room you get you will be happy with.

We just booked this cruise on Saturday with an ocean view room to be assigned. The rep said to check 2-3 days before sailing. We checked yesterday and we have already been assigned a room. It is an ocean view room on deck 4 - the lowest deck for passengers. We did a cruise last October and it was on deck 5 with only 1 passenger deck below us. It was not a problem. We felt a little vibration when left a port for a few minutes but nothing more. We did a cruise a few years ago (another cruise line) and had a balcony room but it was directly under the basketball court. The noise and pounding from above was terrible but it was my fault for not checking our the floor plan before booking I think any room you get you will be happy with.

When is your sail date? I'm not so patiently waiting for my assignment, but it's not until June.

We booked the Conquest for 5/30 (our first balcony rooms) and are patiently (kind of) waiting for our assignment. :) What would be the worst possible room they could give us on the ship?

Last year I booked a guarantee and phoned a couple of weeks later and was told my room number. This year while making my booking ( always a balcony ) I noticed if I picked a room it was going to be one price however, if I let Carnival pick me a room it would be a different price (all this on line ) and it would be cheaper than if they picked the room for me so I decided to book over the phone instead and said to the "rep" can you find me a nice room and she said "yes" I said would there be any extra charge for this and she said no. Result, I knew within the time of the booking which room I had and it did not cost me a penny extra. However, meanwhile I decided next day that well maybe the room was too much in the back and called the following evening and asked for a room change and no problem and no extra charge for doing this. So now I am one happy camper !!

Thanks for all the info! I think I might give my PVP a call in few days and see if she has any info or can give me an idea. She was very nice. Last cruise I did it all online and paid the extra and we were on the empress deck which was awesome! This time I knew because I was trying to save some bucks that I was gambling on the room. I just hope its an actual window and not a porthole :)