Lose OBC for changing room?

hpugirl27

Do we lose any OBC if we just change the room on the cruise? I called to move up one level (and paid a small upgrade fee) because we could get a room that was more mid rather than forward if we did that. They never mentioned anything about losing our OBC, but now I checked and it isn't there? Thanks!

I believe the other poster meant the fare category might have changed: as in Early Saver, Fun Select, etc.

Each category has different rules and different benefits, switching categories can change more than just the cost of the cabin.

Carnival does not do changes very well. You should call them back, tell them where the OBC came from and ask them to add it back to your new room. It may be gone if you changed the promotion the room was booked on but any other type of OBC should transfer to the new cabin.

Recently I was moved due to other in room no longer going. I did not like the new room at all.

Two of us still we're going. Called for a room change, same category, same floor. Identical except it was about a dozen rooms down the hall. I lost my OBC,