Disney Wonder Stateroom 7138 - Feedback and/or pics

Eytbol8

Hi all - anyone have feedback and/or pics of Disney Wonder Stateroom 7138? It is a wheelchair accessible stateroom, as my hubby is in a wheelchair. I found some, but seem to be a bit dated so any newer experience info or pics would be GREATLY appreciated. I will also post in the special interest board, but this one seems to be more active. Thanks in advance.

Magic, not Wonder....but this is my absolutely favorite HA cabin on the entire ship. No kidding. The balcony on 7136 is bigger, but the room layout in 7138 is amazing. There is plenty of room for the wheelchair. There is even an accessible area for hanging clothes and some shelves that can be reached from the wheelchair. We were in this room Sept 2014 on the Magic. The only negative to it is that it is the last room at the end of the hall...so you walk/roll just a little longer than to the nearer rooms. This room is bigger than 7136 (it has to do with the curve of the ship) and they have utilized the extra space in a great layout.

As with all the HAs that I'm aware of, there is no tub, the desk has no top drawer (to allow chair access),there are the multiple safety bars, the emergency call light, the automatic door opener. Oh yeah, that's a funny. There is an automatic opener inside the room as well....and the able bodied one of us freaked everyone out by touching it and having the door open when we weren't expecting it. When you use the automatic feature, you do have to wait for it to release before the door will close--timed to allow the chair to wheel thru. You CAN accidentally bump the opener on the way to the bathroom or whatever if you aren't paying attention. The transfer bars at the toilet are the type that can fold down for those who need them or fold out of the way for those who don't. (yes, I learned that there are different ways to transfer depending on upper body strength...)

You can contact me at kcashner@hotmail.com if you have questions or whatever.

I was in 7136 on the Wonder in 2009 with a friend who was essentially 100% in a chair. I've been in 7136 and 7138 in 2014 with a family member who is able to walk very short distances (so around the room), but still needs the sit down shower, a chair around the ship, etc.