Question on Orlando excursion

1smudslide

I've booked the transportation, only, for the Orlando excursion. We only plan on going Downtown Disney. From reading the description, it sounds like I will have to take a bus to one of the parks and then go downtown. I'm ok with this as I've been to Disney many times and understand the transportation system.

My question is, is there only one time for pickup to take us back to the ship? I'm wondering if I should plan dinner downtown or if we will have time on the ship. I am planning lunch and, of course, a ghiradelli sundae!

I've booked the transportation, only, for the Orlando excursion. We only plan on going Downtown Disney. From reading the description, it sounds like I will have to take a bus to one of the parks and then go downtown. I'm ok with this as I've been to Disney many times and understand the transportation system.

My question is, is there only one time for pickup to take us back to the ship? I'm wondering if I should plan dinner downtown or if we will have time on the ship. I am planning lunch and, of course, a ghiradelli sundae!

You say you've been to Disney many times and understand their transportation system. I am not 100% convinced you do. ;)

There are no buses from the parks to DTD. To get to DTD from a park you would have to take a bus/monorail/boat to a resort, and then from the resort to DTD.

Disney stopped buses from DTD to parks many years ago to avoid guests parking free and hoping on a bus to the parks.

The travel time from any park to DTD I would plan at least 1 hour unless you want to take a cab.

Yes, I do understand that and plan on taking the bus to the closest resort to downtown Disney, whichhever shows up first. From there, I'll go downtown. I go to Disney every year and have been going since my youngest was 5. He's now 25! I'm anxious to see the changes, since I was there in December. I also want more ghiradelli sauces for gifts!

My question is, is there more than one bus time to go back to the ship or do they all go at the same time?

Edited by 1smudslide

Yes, I do understand that and plan on taking the bus to the closest resort to downtown Disney, whichhever shows up first. From there, I'll go downtown. I go to Disney every year and have been going since my youngest was 5. He's now 25! I'm anxious to see the changes, since I was there in December. I also want more ghiradelli sauces for gifts!

My question is, is there more than one bus time to go back to the ship or do they all go at the same time?

No problem... :)

It's a common mistake people make thinking the buses go everywhere (even from resort to resort).

Glad to see another big Disney fan in this neck of the woods.

Biggest change from December to now is the removal of Mickey's Sorcerer hat at DHS.

At DTD the Boathouse restaurant is now open in part of the Disney Springs expansion.

My family and I did the Disney excursion from the Breakaway this past November. You had to be back on the bus by 7pm or they will leave without you.

They drop you off at the Transportation and Ticket Center, NOT at the Magic Kingdom bus depot. I would hop on the resort monorail or walk to the Polynesian right next door to get your transportation to Downtown Disney. Going to a MK then to a resort then to Downtown is too time consuming. Going to the Poly would skip one step.

Another option is to grab a cab right there at the Transportation and Ticket Center. This IMHO is the quickest option there and back.

As for dinner, a late lunch perhaps? I'd be nervous of cutting it too close.

The bus will leave without you. Don't get stuck or its an expensive ride back to Port Canaveral.

Thank you for the advice. It's very helpful and will help with my planning.

I did see the video for the Boathouse. That restaurant looks fabulous and I love the rides from the restaurant on the water.

Mind if I ask your gender... :)

You seem like you'd be an excellent fit for another group I am a part of. But it's an exclusive club just for men... Hahaha... not being sexist, it's just that we call ourselves the DISDads... If interested, I can get you in this exclusive group (or you can get in without me :) )

We go every January for marathon weekend (well some of us do). There are about 800 of us, and maybe 20 or so show up for what we dub the DDC (DISDads convention).

Female-Linda. Funny, though, my husband's email starts with disdad.

He is cordially invited to join our group...

Face book - Dis dads club

or disdads.com

or disboards.com under the Family groups, there is a DISDad forum.

Tell them Brian sent ya...

Edited by twokids0204

It's rather disappointing the bus will depart without someone. I mean, I realize the ship needs to keep on schedule & all, but isn't the point of booking through NCL so that one can avoid the hassle/ embarrsament/ expense of being left behind?

It's rather disappointing the bus will depart without someone. I mean, I realize the ship needs to keep on schedule & all, but isn't the point of booking through NCL so that one can avoid the hassle/ embarrsament/ expense of being left behind?

Yes, to a point. An NCL excursion will ensure if YOU are at the appropriate meeting place ON TIME, they will get you back to the ship or pay to take you to the next port if needed. If one does not get to the appropriate meeting point on time, that is the cruiser's fault, not NCL, and they will leave you behind in a heartbeat.

Edited by Out to sea!

Depends on how many people booked the excursion and how many busses are used for the excursion. I think there was 3 or 4 busses when I did it. They tell you what time to be back and what time the last bus is leaving. They give you a phone number to call if your running late. I wouldn't plan dinner, just lunch. The last bus will probably leave 6:45/7ish. It's an hour n 10 min drive. Plus you'll have to factor in travel time using disney transportation. The bus leaves you at the transportation and ticket center.