Orlando park and cruise- close to Disney etc

love2traveljen

Ok I have a little different question, we are driving down to meet the sunshine from Georgia. We are wanting to drive the day before, but wanting to stay around the downtown Disney area, or close to it. So we can enjoy a evening there and break up our drive.

and we are wanting to take a shuttle ( private one we found) to the port the next day.

We found in recent cruises the private shuttles bypass all the people parking, and it's better than the carnival busses

Does anyone know if there is hotels that do the park and cruise ( or the park and fly as it may be closer to the airport) ? We also really don't want to stay too close to the Orlando airport as its a 30 min drive to downtown Disney

Ya I know it's asking a lot, and I'm not even sure if the hotels that are closer to Disney, provide a weeks parking?

If anyone know, please let me know! Thanks!

Your best bet is to find one of those park and fly lots near the airport to leave your car. If you really think about it, it will be much more convenient for you to be in East Orlando near MCO when you have to come back on the shuttle from Port Canaveral after you disembark. 528 is right there and you'll be on your way in minutes. Then you won't have to worry about going into the Disney area for your car.

I'm coming in the night before our cruise on the Sunshine and I'm going to rent a car to get to the port. Seems cheaper than taking a shuttle for 3 people. I just need to figure out what to do when I disembark. We may go to Disney that Sunday or Monday and catch a late flight home. Decisions, decisions...

Edited by trixiegal

Your best bet is to find one of those park and fly lots near the airport to leave your car. If you really think about it, it will be much more convenient for you to be in East Orlando near MCO when you have to come back on the shuttle from Port Canaveral after you disembark. 528 is right there and you'll be on your way in minutes. Then you won't have to worry about going into the Disney area for your car.

I'm coming in the night before our cruise on the Sunshine and I'm going to rent a car to get to the port. Seems cheaper than taking a shuttle for 3 people. I just need to figure out what to do when I disembark. We may go to Disney that Sunday or Monday and catch a late flight home. Decisions, decisions...

Ya. I guess 20-30 min drive to downtown Disney isn't that bad I guess to stay at a mco hotel where there is parking.

I live in Tampa, so I just drive to Port Canaveral and park offsite at Park Port Canaveral http://www.parkportcanaveral.com/

It's $9 per day and is only 2 miles from the port. The parking lot is located across the street from the Radisson hotel, who also happen to own the parking lot. I know they have a package deal to stay and park, but I never have stayed since I live close.

http://www.radisson.com/offers/4358225

They have a ton of shuttles and is very convenient. I have used them many many times.

The drive from Orlando to Port Canaveral is a super easy 1hr on the 528 toll road. (Once you get on the 528, you never have to turn off, it ends up basically at the port.) The Airport is also located on the 528.

Hope this helps somewhat to your needs, and it may be nicer than staying in hectic Orlando area.

Edited by poison7fl

I'm simply confused at her parking problem and why so hung up on shuttles from mco. Why not book a room near Disney, do your thing that night, stay at the hotel, in the morning drive to Park n Cruise at the last exit of the 528, leave the car there, they'll take you to your terminal and pick you up after, hop in your car and head back north on whatever road you choose.

I'm simply confused at her parking problem and why so hung up on shuttles from mco. Why not book a room near Disney, do your thing that night, stay at the hotel, in the morning drive to Park n Cruise at the last exit of the 528, leave the car there, they'll take you to your terminal and pick you up after, hop in your car and head back north on whatever road you choose.

a shuttle coming into port is a lot easier than parking as there is many many cars and it takes longer. the shuttle goes right through you save an hour in the parking lines

Check mousesavers.com. They have options re cars and parking for port canaveral. Personally if I had my own car, I would just park at the port. I dud this one year and didn't have to wait long to park and it was nice to get off ship, get in my car and be on my way. We stay at fairfield inn when we go to disney:

Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista

12191 South Apopka Vineland Road Lake Buena Vista, FL 32836

It is very close to downtown disney but no shuttle to port.

Ya. I guess 20-30 min drive to downtown Disney isn't that bad I guess to stay at a mco hotel where there is parking.

My idea (sorry if I wasn't clear enough) was to stay at any hotel you want to in the Disney area but not try to leave your car there. Park your car at a park and fly lot near the airport because they are cheap per day and then have the private shuttle company pick you up there and take you to the port. After you leave the port headed for Orlando, the airport exit off 528 will be closer than driving back into the Disney area for your car if you could even find a place to park it for a week. This plan works whether you go to Disney before or after your cruise.

I understand not wanting to stay and park in Port Canaveral because I'm in the same situation. I'd rather stay overnight in Orlando than waste money at Cocoa Beach. I used to live in Orlando so I just don't like that area compared to all of the other places I could stay. I'm fortunate to have family I can stay with while we're there but I may book a hotel in the theme park area for one night post-cruise to stretch out our vacation for one more day. It all depends on the $$$.

I just went ahead and booked the best western orlando airport. They have a stay and park package through stay123dotcom. And we will get a private shuttle from there to he port. It's cheaper than the port parking, avoid lines and better overall than carnival buses. And pretty much the same price! It's an hour shuttle but we can relax, and not drive ourselves.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Priceless transportation. Good rates and good vehicles

Have you used them before? They have horrible reviews from what I can find. Mostly about not showing up to pick you up and then not issuing a refund. They have a C rating on the BBB.

Edited by jacksmycat

Have you used them before? They have horrible reviews from what I can find. Mostly about not showing up to pick you up and then not issuing a refund. They have a C rating on the BBB.

I have not. Another company recommend them to me. Stupid me I haven't checked the reviews. Sorry about that

I did go ahead and request some other information from a few different places. I'll let you know what I hear

a shuttle coming into port is a lot easier than parking as there is many many cars and it takes longer. the shuttle goes right through you save an hour in the parking lines

You missed the point of what the other people were saying. They weren't advising parking at the port, they were suggesting offsite parking options near the port that are cheaper, and you still end up shuttling in the port, bypassing the lines you are concerned about. I didn't see any lines of traffic when we arrived there, and there were 3 ships and it was noon, but you never know.

To be honest, for the sake of an additional 45 minutes driving yourself, you can stay at a couple hotels right near the port that have parking and shuttle packages included, and then you can be right on your way after the cruise rather than messing around with having to go back to Orlando.

Edited by DanJ

You missed the point of what the other people were saying. They weren't advising parking at the port, they were suggesting offsite parking options near the port that are cheaper, and you still end up shuttling in the port, bypassing the lines you are concerned about. I didn't see any lines of traffic when we arrived there, and there were 3 ships and it was noon, but you never know.

To be honest, for the sake of an additional 45 minutes driving yourself, you can stay at a couple hotels right near the port that have parking and shuttle packages included, and then you can be right on your way after the cruise rather than messing around with having to go back to Orlando.

I completely understand. We are wanting to stay the night before close to downtown Disney,then take a shuttle to the sport the next day, no driving ourselves, just relaxing with our large group of people rather than 3 cars. But thanks for trying to clarify

I've got it sorted out with suggestions from this post

Thanks everyone! Told you it's a different kind of question ;)

You are taking ship from Port Canaveral? Unfortunately the distance from Disney to this Port is far and because of the traffic takes a long time. I have never found a shuttle or bus that goes to the Port more reasonable other than the one offered by the cruiselines. I have even tried to get Disneys to take us as we usually stay there and they go to the same place. You could park at the airport for the week and take the Cruise shuttle then when you return if you stay at a Disney Hotel they will take you from the Airport to their Hotel for free. If you have your own car though it will be alot faster if you just drive yourself to the port and park there. When you return just continue on to Disney. Hope this helps but Orlando area is just overly congested. I prefer the other ports in Florida that are much closer to the Airports. I have lots of Florida info. on my blog www.atouristlife.com good luck and enjoy your trip.

I completely understand. We are wanting to stay the night before close to downtown Disney,then take a shuttle to the sport the next day, no driving ourselves, just relaxing with our large group of people rather than 3 cars. But thanks for trying to clarify

I've got it sorted out with suggestions from this post

Thanks everyone! Told you it's a different kind of question ;)

So glad you got it worked out for what works for YOU and your family. You are very gracious to respond to some of these posts. I got what you were saying and it wasn't confusing to me at all that you didn't want to drive to PC and park there. I just doubted that Disney hotels have anywhere to park and cruise unless you're sailing on one of their ships. Seems easier to just be near the airport which is easily accessible to Disney and has many options for a park and cruise hotel.

As an aside, I really dislike when people on these boards disregard when a poster is CLEARLY indicating they do NOT want to do something then all the suggestions ignore it and go on to suggest the very thing they already said they didn't want to do! Aye aye aye...:cool:

So glad you got it worked out for what works for YOU and your family. You are very gracious to respond to some of these posts. I got what you were saying and it wasn't confusing to me at all that you didn't want to drive to PC and park there. I just doubted that Disney hotels have anywhere to park and cruise unless you're sailing on one of their ships. Seems easier to just be near the airport which is easily accessible to Disney and has many options for a park and cruise hotel.

As an aside, I really dislike when people on these boards disregard when a poster is CLEARLY indicating they do NOT want to do something then all the suggestions ignore it and go on to suggest the very thing they already said they didn't want to do! Aye aye aye...:cool:

Thank you :) us it is confusing to some, that's why I said it was a strange question.

My teens went really happy of the idea that we decided not to fly, so I wanted to give them something to look forward to on the drive and let them go to downtown Disney rather than just staying in Port Canaveral area. And being an extra hour for us from Georgia. Staying near downtown Disney would shave off an hour, and also have them something exciting to do after that long drive. I know there is easier options, but that's the area we wanted to stay, even though it may not be the easiest. Also finding a private shuttle other than a shared shuttle or a bus is much more comfortable and relaxing. My husband doesn't have to drive or worry about traffic he can sit back as well and we can get excited for our cruise. :)

Wow, condescend much? Geez.

The point was, in her original post, she stated the reason she wanted a shuttle was because they get into the port faster than driving your own car. Nothing was said beforehand about the hubby wanting to relax rather than drive that last 40 miles (probably the easiest 40 miles of the whole drive). Parking at an offsite location near the port and taking the shuttle is a perfectly valid suggestion since that's exactly what her concern was, and certainly a lot more cost effective than shuttles from Orlando. There is nothing wrong with making those suggestions because you can't possibly know if the people knew about it (or perhaps others reading, since this is a public board and info is gathered from other people's questions). I don't care what anyone chooses to do with their vacation or try to influence their decisions.