Gem, 2-Bedroom Family Villa Photo Tour

computerworks

We recently sailed on the Gem in this cabin. Many have asked detailed questions about the 2 bedroom villas... this may answer some of them in pictures. The size and layout are the same for both Haven Suites, and non-Haven ones on deck 11.

The Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa with Balcony, Category H4

Description: Up to six guests can enjoy these Villas that are perfect if you want to bring the kids. They have one bedroom with a queen-size bed and a luxury bath and shower, as well as a separate children's bedroom. Also features a living area, dining area and private balcony. You will also have access to the private courtyard area. Includes butler and concierge service.

Accommodates: 6

Total Approx. Size: 572 sq. ft.

17041057865_8dd59119ca_o.jpg

16853843408_53ab6ee5d7_b.jpg

We had a wonderful 10 day cruise to the Caribbean...

This cabin was really great for the three of us. There was plenty of storage in both bedrooms

I would also say it is ideal for a family with two kids.

...fitting 5 or 6 in this cabin (to me) would be a circus. :p

Of course, the Haven and all its attributes is well worth it.

Glad to answer any questions about the cabin, or the Haven on the Gem.

Thank you so much. :) We also have an upcoming H4 on the Gem. Could you please tell me how lunch works if you'd like to eat there in the Haven? On the Breakaway, they had a menu, and they would take your order and serve you anywhere you were seated; however, I know the Gem doesn't have a Haven restaurant like the Breakaway does, so I wasn't sure how it worked.

Thanks again for your pictorial review!

Thank you so much. :) We also have an upcoming H4 on the Gem. Could you please tell me how lunch works if you'd like to eat there in the Haven? On the Breakaway, they had a menu, and they would take your order and serve you anywhere you were seated; however, I know the Gem doesn't have a Haven restaurant like the Breakaway does, so I wasn't sure how it worked.

Thanks again for your pictorial review!

They have menus set at the tables and the courtyard butler takes your order. You can eat at the table, at a lounger or in your cabin. This is for breakfast and lunch.

Also:

I would also say it is ideal for a family with two kids...fitting 5 or 6 in this cabin (to me) would be a circus.

It really depends on age. Ours kids are 15, 9 and 6, and it was fine. The only issue is that the 15 yr old is a clothes horse, so we needed to put most of the clothing of the younger ones in the master bedroom closets. It was no real problem.

Our last time on the gem there were two 15 yr olds, and our 9 & 6... there was still enough room, but is was getting a little crowded, especially at night when the bed was made up to sleep. Of course, having the Courtyard right out the door definitely helped, as it gave all of us a place to hang out if the cabin was getting hectic.

Edited by Kingmaker_inc

The menus on the table are the same breakfast and lunch menus from Cagney's

They have menus set at the tables and the courtyard butler takes your order. You can eat at the table, at a lounger or in your cabin. This is for breakfast and lunch.

Thank you both.

Is this the same on all Haven vessels? Or just the older ones with no Haven restaurant?

*Living Large*

Is this the same on all Haven vessels? Or just the older ones with no Haven restaurant?

The new ships with dedicated Haven restaurants (Epic, Breakaway, Getaway and Escape) Have their own menus for all meals. There is a snack menu that the haven butlers can serve from, poolside in the Haven.

The older ships (Jewel class) without a dedicated restaurant in the Haven use the procedure I described.