Carnival Liberty port change

Rockjock64

Where do you see the port changing? I'm leaving on the Liberty on July 12, and I did see that the last cruise and the current one is skipping St. Kitt's in favor of other ports, but I haven't seen/received anything about the port change being permanent

Hope they get it sorted out....not too sure I want to be on a ship without all the parts working. DH is already very leery about cruising - that would put him over the edge to think it wasn't 100% working order....:(

Edited by Shih-tzu
Spelling error

OP - I am not sure it is going to happen anymore? I know there are so many rumours going around but someone on my roll call posted on the Carnival Site about the change and they responded saying the change was only for this week and the ship would resume all regular itinerary. Yet, someone else called carnival directly and they said Antigua and the poster brought that up to carnival and they responded by saying they were provided old information and the statement was released yesterday. We may not know for sure until it happens. I am still holding out hope for St Kitts. If not, send me to Antigua! :) let's hope we get an email this week from them!

Why would thruster issues cause a problem for porting in St. Kitts but not other ports? Is it just the Liberty or is it other ships, too?

We were in St. Kitts last August. Beautiful place but I think I would be just as happy if they said Antigua. ;)

Piecing together all the various bits of information, it sounds like St. Kitts will be replaced with Dominica or Antigua through June due to a thruster not working at 100%. The thrusters are only used for slow, close navigation (such as up to a dock) and do not affect any other part of the ship. I'm hearing that the thruster isn't broken, etc, it's just not working at full action, and the thruster on the other end of the ship is (no captain wants to scrape their pretty ship on a dock :) )

St. Kitts is the only port affected because they are prone to very high winds, and there is no tugboat assistance on St. Kitts (the tugs help the ship get aligned with the docks, and also help pull the ship away from the docks).

Either Dominica or Antigua are fine with me! I'm on the 5/10 sailing.