Switching cruises, possible to transfer payments?

Avril

My BF and I are currently booked on the Fantasy (and paid in full) but are thinking of switching to the Sunshine. They do have 2 different sail dates (Fantasy in April 2016 and Sunshine in December 2016). I'm just wondering, is it possible to switch cruises and transfer our payment from the Fantasy to the Sunshine (and then just pay the difference if there is any)? We did not book Early Saver if that makes a difference (booked under the Past Guest rate). Also, we bought a bottle of liquor and some soda from Bon Voyage for our Fantasy cruise. Would it be possible to transfer that to the Sunshine cruise as well? I hope this all makes sense, lol.

Thanks!! :D

You are not switching cruises. You are cancelling a cruise and wanting to use the monies to pay for another cruise. I know in your mind you are switching but Carnivals rules. If you didn't book early saver you should be able to use the funds for the other cruise. ES would incur a $50 per person change fee. Since you are a year out you have time. The penalty period is quite stiff as you get closer to sail date.

Oh. I just thought it would be a simple switch from one ship/itinerary to the other. :( Would Carnival be able to switch the payment towards the one cruise and put it against the other or would they have to cancel the 1st cruise, put the money back on my credit card, then book the other cruise? In which case I may as well just cancel and rebook online and not even bother to even call them. No, we didn't book early saver so we're good there. What about the Bon Voyage purchase? Would that be able to be transferred? If not, would it automatically cancel when I cancel the 1st cruise or do I have to call Carnival to cancel it separately? I really don't want to make the mistake of thinking it would automatically cancel and end up paying for it twice!! :eek:

Oh. I just thought it would be a simple switch from one ship/itinerary to the other. :( :

In your case it is. When the mentality of "canceling and booking a new one comes into play" is when you're trying to make changes inside the penalty phase. You're outside of penalty and booked under a Past Guest rate, so whatever money you have paid can easily be applied towards a new sailing. Call Carnival and let them know what you wish to do. This is one of those instances where having a dedicated PVP or TA can be helpful.

Edited by Tapi