Which bus route to Gibbs Hill?

wwcruisers

This one is for our Bermuda "gurus": We want to do an early morning bus trip from Dockyard to Gibbs Hill Lighthouse. We've been studying the bus schedules and maps -- looks like the Lighthouse is halfway between the #7 and #8 routes. Which one would be the best to get there (looks like the #8 leaves Dockyard earlier)?? Also, if we want to go on to Hamilton after Gibbs Hill, do we take the #7 bus on from there?

Thank you!

You want the #7 since the bus can drop you off right near the road you need to walk up to get to the lighthouse. I haven't taken the #8 to Hamilton since it's on Middle Rd., which like the name, goes in the middle of the island. You will not have the beautiful views of the ocean on the #7 along the South Road. Yes, take the #7 to Hamilton when you're done at Gibbs.

We have always taken #8 but you could take #7 also. We like #8 because the scenery along the South Shore Road is beautiful. When you get off for the lighthouse, it is an uphill walk all the way to get there but well worth the trip. Make sure you pay the, I think, $3 to go up to the top of the Lighthouse. It offers a wonderful view of the island.

Again, it is your choice on which bus route to take to get into Hamilton. Either #7 or #8 will end up in Hamilton. Remember to stand near the correct pole to get into Hamilton. There are pink poles and blue poles. The Pink poles are on the routes that go into Hamilton. The Blue poles are routes that go away from Hamilton. The way I always remember which color is that things "Blew Away".

Which bus would I take from Gibbs to get to Horseshoe?

You can take the #7 (or whichever goes along the South Shore Rd). It's not a horrendous walk, either, maybe 20 minutes, so if you are feeling up to it you can walk. Just beware that the drivers are crazy and there are no sidewalks.

We walked last year and it wasn't all that bad.

Thanks, everyone -- nice to know that we can get there by either route, but the #7 is more scenic. And, I didn't know about the color coding of the bus stop poles. I can also remember that "pink" goes to Hamilton, because the Fairmont Princess Hotel there has to be the biggest pink building I've ever seen! :D