Ophelia & Dawn

JuneauMe

Hi All. I just got off the Dawn today. The ride down was rocky and the ride up was rough because of Ophila. We missed the stop at GSC because the sea was choppy so we got to Nassau at 1pm that same day. After leaving Nassau the next day (on fri) we experienced pretty heavy seas. The worst was Fri night into midday Sat. At one piont we had 18 to 20 ft swells. It was pretty amazing. Some people felt ill. I just got a little light headed but unfortunately was still able to eat like a horse! Because of the heavy seas it slowed us down and as it was discussed on this board we arrived into NYC late. It was a great cruise. I love the Dawn it was my seconnd time on her. This time I opted for the mini suite and it was great though I did hear lots of creaking but I realize the ship was rocking.

Just got back Sun. 9/11. The cruise was what we expected . The weather wasn't. I've been on 4 other cruises 3 with rough weather and never heard the ship creak. When we first got on deck 5 the hallways smelled from smoke.

The Garden Cafe is a line buffet so when there are a lot of passengers its a zoo. People cruising were very pleasant and so was the crew . Service in dining rooms was spotty, as were the shows. Two of the best shows were the crew show and the passenger show. The singing and dancing were entertainigbut the ventriloquist and magician were run of the mill. The cruise

entertainment staff were friendly but it makes no sense to have someone who is not familiar with english to do triviawhere the people playing had to

constantly ask him to repeat the questions , sometimes up to 5 times.

We missed GSH , which is a reason to avoid sailing this time of year.

Since I don't drink I can't review that but can say the drink prices were reasonable.

If anyone has questions please ask .

The Dawn has apparently reversed her itinerary and will be arriving in Nassau tonight through Wednesday, skipping Great Stirrup Cay and arriving Miami on Thursday, PC on Friday, then home. Posts say the Captain is sailing 500 miles from shore, and seas and skies are clear. Good for them... :)

Archived